Where abouts is everyone from?

Alex78 said:
I'm from Germany...
unfortunately most german bands suck. the best of them is probably Rammstein, but there really is so much crap music around here.
If you want good German music, please check out Wumpscut. Not metal, but the atmosphere is akin to metal. Download Black Death or Christ Fuck and see how amazing Rudy's music is.

As for myself, I'm from Reading, PA USA, and there's nothing worthwile in the local scene, besides maybe Fatal Aggression or Divination. I'm not really into those bands but they're ok for what they are. Every other band here is just a "modern hits" cover band (it's hard to get a gig anywhere if you're not), so respect is due to them.

My favorite US bands are maudlin of the Well as the current scene, and Death as the past.

I'm from San Diego, CA, well more specifically Carlsbad, CA(it's in San Diego county). My favorite American Metal band...hmmmm..i'd say Queensryche, but they're not metal anymore, so i'll go with Iced Earth. But as far as bands from San Diego are concerned, this is a hard one, considering we are currently a hot bed for pop/punk and ska/punk(Blink 182 is from here, need i say more?) But there is a good progressive thrash band with a touch of death called Teabag, which features former Psychotic Waltz drummer, Norm Leggio.

This is a great thread...
Well, I'm from Miami, FL., the city which I consider to be the ass of the world(NOBODY has a worse climate than us!), but nonetheless we have some great bands from here. Ministry, Obituary, Kamelot, Poison the Well, just to name a few. Still, my favorite Floridian local band is undoubtedly Savatage, a band that is pretty high up on my list of favorites as well.

I am from Auburn, Maine. My opinions about my country are in my signature.

My Fav bands from the US are Death, Gordian Knot, TestAmenT,
Crowbar...and too many numerous....my fav local band would have to be mine, Ripfence, we have the only talented musicians around and we like to kill, and pummel.

I'm from Costa Rica, even though I dont usually live here, so I only know very mainstream [SKA to be more specific] music from here, the best probably being El Guato. I should really look around for metal.

New Bedford, MA but just recently moved to Providence, RI....

Favorite local band would be Beyond The Embrace from New Bedford, MA or definitely Vital Remains from providence....

In the USA, I would probably have to go with Vehemence.

I'm from Hong Kong. Everybody should know of the place thanks to the SARS crisis :rolleyes: Don't like any bands from here unfortunately. But I do like DragonForce, where one of the guitarists (Shred) is from Hong Kong. Does that count?

I'm from a small community in Texas called East Bernard. My favorite local band is Chthonian Appanage (tis the only one and I am in it) and my favorite from Texas would have to be Averse Sefira.

Wicked Child said:
I'm from San Diego, CA, well more specifically Carlsbad, CA(it's in San Diego county). My favorite American Metal band...hmmmm..i'd say Queensryche, but they're not metal anymore, so i'll go with Iced Earth. But as far as bands from San Diego are concerned, this is a hard one, considering we are currently a hot bed for pop/punk and ska/punk(Blink 182 is from here, need i say more?) But there is a good progressive thrash band with a touch of death called Teabag, which features former Psychotic Waltz drummer, Norm Leggio.

Dude, I am from San Marcos. We don't live so far apart from each other. We should meet, or something, heh...