Seventh Angel - The Dust Of Years
Isole - Silent Ruins
Lazarus A.D. - Onslaught

Those I haven't heard yet:

Lion's Share - Dark Hours
Cage - Science Of Annihilation
Dream Theater - Black Clouds...
Amorphis - Skyforger
Anubis Gate - The Detached (did not know it existed until this thread)
Primal Fear - 16:6

Those I am anxiously awaiting:

Katatonia
Paradise Lost
November's Doom

One I did not get until 2009:

Memory Garden - Carnage Carnival

So far my favs are:

Iron Maiden - Flight 666 dvd/cd
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus
Stratovarius - Polaris
Great White - Rising
Europe - Almost Unplugged
Dennis DeYoung - One Hundred Years From Now
Hammerfall - No Sacrifice No Victory

I'm sure, from the samples I've heard, the new Alestorm is going to be my number one...if CD INZANE ever fricking ships it!!!!! JESUS!

Other than that, I'm digging the new Hammerfall and looking forward to Primal Fear.

I have not purchased a single compact disc in 2009 yet...I am waiting on the new Riverside. Past that, my only musical purchases have been the Riverside "Reality Dream DLP Gatefold Limited edition" (limited to 500 pieces, and only sold @ the Polish tour stops last year), and their 'Out of Myself' LP pressing (only 1000 of those made). Sadly I have been far too busy with reality to enjoy music this year.

My favorite so far of 2009 is the new God Dethroned CD, Passiondale. With Roel back on drums, this shit really sounds like it could have been the follow-up to Bloody Blasphemy.

Samael's new album is really good, if you're into that, probably my 2nd favorite so far.
Amorphis and My Dying Bride have put out great albums this year too. Still need to hear Primal Fear and Lion's Share.

rdyfrde - the US version of Edguy's latest was released January 29th, 2009, which is the exact day I picked it up :)

Ashent - Deconstructive
Astra - From Within
Athem - The Extended Mind
DGM - FrAme
Empyrios-The Glorious Sickness
Pathosray-Sunless Skies
Anubis Gate-The Detached
Pantomind-Lunasense
Coldspell-Infinite Stargaze

dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition

and I've only given it two good listens but its already in my top three, and could potentially be #1:
The Dear Hunter - Act III: Life and Death

My favorite so far of 2009 is the new God Dethroned CD, Passiondale. With Roel back on drums, this shit really sounds like it could have been the follow-up to Bloody Blasphemy.

Samael's new album is really good, if you're into that, probably my 2nd favorite so far.
Amorphis and My Dying Bride have put out great albums this year too. Still need to hear Primal Fear and Lion's Share.

I am really enjoying the new God Dethroned. I personally didn't like The Toxic Touch at all. I'm glad they didn't try to go the "experimental" route once again. Passiondale is a hell of an album. Roel is a monster behind the drums.

Samael's disc was fun too. Amorphis sounds exactly like their last two albums, which is a really good thing. I didn't like the new Primal Fear, thought it was very uninspired. Never heard Lion's Share. Which album should I start with?