My first EBAY rip-off

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Well it was gonna happen at some point. My luck had been too good.

I bought 2 CDs from some slick Russian dude/chick, but of course, I've never recieved them. Now this Russian dude/chick is no longer a registered member and has negative feedback form several people. I'm pretty sure that's a good sign those CDs won't be showing up. Of course I can't get emails answered either.

The total purchase price, including shipping, was only around $9. So I can't get any reimbursement from EBAY.

It was stupid on my part, because this Russian dude/chick had 0 feedback, but a ton of CDs for sale. The sale page was very well laid out. This Russian dude/chick even answered my emails about the condition of the CDs.

No more buying from people with 0 feedback.:erk:

NEVER buy from Russia or the Asian countries, or even Australia. Canada and Europe are reliable. I always check feedback before I buy these days.

Funny thing is, I've never been ripped off on eBay, but CDs from Dark Symphonies and The End have never showed up!!!

I know it's not the same thing, but I've traded with regularity with most of Europe including Russia and never had a problem. I'm more concerned with South America, as customs in those places is out of hand.

I've never had a problem with eBay but MarkGugs, now that is one rip off artist. :loco:

Speaking of fags, send me a list of wants Mark so I can deliver you some goods. PM me at the other "home."

Eh, I've been ripped off twice, a Tiamat bootleg from Poland and a Ritual album from I don't remember where. OTOH I've often bought from other eastern European countries and Japan, among others, without problems. Thing about getting ripped off on eBay is I'm even afraid of leaving negative feedback lest the other party leaves false retaliatory neg. feedback. The feedback system is fucking broken.

the negative feedback happened to me once. I give people 1 week to pay me, which is plenty of time since I only accept Paypal. Anyone this one person didn't pay within a week. I sent 3 emails notifying her and got no response. I left negative feedback. She proceeded to me negative feedback just in spite sayingthat shoulnd't have left her negative feedback because it was the holidays.

i wasn't ripped off luckily but i had a thoroughly dissapointing ebay-experience: a month ago or so i won an auction on german ebay for the leather digi-version of empyrium's "songs of moors", and needless to say i was quite pleased . but the seller never sent me any info or confirmation of the purchase and i've now given up hope... :erk:
but apart from that i've never had any problems, but that item was my best purchase ever :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My record is still perfect!

I just recieved my CDs from Russia. They were mailed March 4th. They just took a while to get here (plus this Sasha gal took forever to actually put them in the mail). The CDs were actually wrapped in old cardboard, a brown paper bag, thick brown string, and not a shred of tape or glue. We're talking third world packaging here. But the CDs were in perfect condition!

My Use Your Illusion II CD skips on a few tracks and that Swans CD I ordered had a frickin' mauled jewel case. :bah:

I ordered an Avernus CD on eBay that cost $4 plus shipping. It was described as "mint/new", and it turned up with jewel case all *heavilly* cracked up, and it wasn't even a transparent jewel case - you couldn't see the inside artwork. So it certainly was not mint or new IMO. Either way, I left the guy neutral feedback, and he e-mailed me and whined about the 'negative feedback' I'd given him. Shit - neutral ratings don't even affect your percentage rating, and don't tell me that it's "mint/new" when it's so clearly not!

I think I've got ripped on half.com by the way. I bought a CD, and the wrong one showed up. So I wrote to the seller and he asked me to return the CD and in exchange he would send me the correct item plus a $2.50 rebate. So I thought fair's fair and all that business. His feedback rating was also near perfect over 7000 ratings. Two weeks go by, and nothing! No CD, no response to 3 or 4 e-mails requesting an update, and I can't even file a claim yet because I have to wait 30 days since purchase date. In the meantime, he's left me positive feedback. Pfft.

I fucking hate the abuse of the term mint. "Mint! Only played once!" Guess what asshole, that's not mint. :Smug: