My first Prog/Power

Thorshammer69

Mar 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Hello all
I'm new here, and this is my first posting.
After many years of missing Prog/Power for various reasons, I'm finally gonna make it:headbang:
I'm looking for some pointers, or advice on what to expect/bring/buy etc.
Also, I live around Raleigh NC. Is there anyone on here that lives close to Raleigh that may be going to the Festival. It would be cool to meet some likeminded folks to hang with, and talk about music because when I mention the bands I'm into, people around here act like I'm speaking a foreign languageLOL.
"Metal Is Forever"

I think there's a few NC folks here.
Meanwhile, here's some past threads:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/254130-tips-first-time-attendee.html
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa-lounge/415091-food-near-grenada.html

Some of the stuff might be out of date (some restaurants have closed) but the general info is still good.
If you have a chance (and are over 18 but best if you're 21), definitely check out Vortex Bar & Grill for food/drinks. Great food and really cheap beer with a huge selection.

2 of the people I go with every year live in High Pointe and then Widow, the band, lives in around Raleigh, Tess and Claus liev in Wake Forest, they are a shit load of PP people in NC

I'm down in Wilmington; most of the PP meatballs are up there in the triad. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and say hi. Most of us don't bite - especially if you offer to buy somebody a beer!

There are many others who are also in the Southeast. I am in East Alabama. Shaye Breed (Ladyspace) is originally from Alabama and now resides in Atlanta. The list goes on and on. Watching/listening to the bands play is only half of the fun. The camaraderie of the event is like no other. There just aren't other metal shows in the US that bring people in from so far away. I have friends that come from California and even some from other countries. I'll be the long haired guy with the metal shirt on. I won't be hard to find ha ha ha....... in all seriousness, look down and if you see some size 13 "oldschool" slip-on vans and camo pants/metal shirt, say Hi Bryant !!

Bryant

Good to know I am not the newbie anymore!!! Welcome to the fest mate!!!! Send me a private and I will give you some pointers form my experience last year being a first time attendee!!!

Welcome aboard the ProgPower crazy-train! :heh: :kickass:

Speaking of which, you could take Amtrak to ProgPower from NC. The Amtrak station in Atlanta is only a few blocks from the venue and the hotels. Best bet would be to drive to Greensboro and take the direct train (the Crescent) down to Atlanta overnight...$58 one-way. Leaving directly from Cary aboard the Carolinian would be $68.50 round-trip with a 6-hour layover in Greensboro.

(Yeah, I had a little fun on Amtrak's site...wasn't sure where Cary was. :) )

Hello all
I'm new here, and this is my first posting.
After many years of missing Prog/Power for various reasons, I'm finally gonna make it:headbang:
I'm looking for some pointers, or advice on what to expect/bring/buy etc.

Welcome ~ glad to hear you're attending ProgPower! If you aren't already, I suggest becoming a fan of ProgPower USA's official facebook fan page. There's a lot of helpful info there... times, transportation, hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. You can still view the page even if you don't have a facebook account.

http://www.facebook.com/progpowerusa

~Jen

Thanks for the continued responses. Looks like I'm gonna meet some cool people in Atlanta this year. We had planned on driving from NC, but I'll check out the Amtrak (thanks Pellaz). Will also check out facebook miel.