My Friend of Misery

Oct 10, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
downloaded: Dark Tranquility - My Friend of Misery
im not a dark tranquility fan
cant say ive heard any of their music
was wondering if thats really them covering the song or not?

yep, it's dark tranquillity covering my friend of misery.. and i don't like it that much, i prefer by far the cover of 22 acacia avenue on the iron maiden tribute.

Miolo (the preferring)

ya i gotta say that i really like the cover
for some reason i think metallica sounds
really cool with "death" vocals
whoops was that a bad thing to say?
not sure if dark tranquility is a death metal band or not

@metalheadtimmy: firstly: yeap, they are a death metal band. Have you ever heard the term "New wave of swedish death metal"?
Secondly , and most important, it's "Dark TranquiLLity" not dark tranquility.

btw why do so many people mispell that???

Originally posted by Oriion
btw why do so many people mispell that???
Because the American way of spelling the word is tranquility, which has become standardised in a lot of places. The english way is with two l's.

@ormir: thx :)
but we'ne not just speaking english. we're talking about a band with the name "dark tranquillity". It's a name , not just a word. that's as far as my objection goes. :)

Originally posted by Oriion
@ormir: thx :)
but we'ne not just speaking english. we're talking about a band with the name "dark tranquillity". It's a name , not just a word. that's as far as my objection goes. :)
I agree with you, it also pisses me off when people spell it with one tranquility, that is not the name of the band! :mad:

Originally posted by Ormir
Because the American way of spelling the word is tranquility, which has become standardised in a lot of places. The english way is with two l's.

My very first exposure to Dark Tranquillity was through "My Friend of Misery" MP3 and it was labelled "Dark Tranquility", and I thought everyone who spell Tranquillity with 2 L's made a typo.

Originally posted by Ormir
I agree with you, it also pisses me off when people spell it with one tranquility, that is not the name of the band! :mad:

Yeah, even a fool should be able to understand that Dark Tranquility Tranquility is spelled with two tranquilities. :p

Pardon me, it's been a bad day.

I re-read my post a moment ago, and was expecting rahvin to crack a pun on that. Thanks to Onde Erik for denying him the victory!