My heaviest and most pissed off mix yet(and i mean it)

About the overheads I read that using an Eq can cut the snare en tombs, cutting some frequencies related to them (fuck, don´t remember now), and pulling up the other ones, I´ll try to give you tomorrow, I´m in my job now:rolleyes:

I did it with a mixing that I´m making in a real recorded drums and too much snare and tombs come to overheads, and Eq cut works fine, at least the drummer is happy now, but don´t tell anybody the drummers are deaf...

Problem is that everything thats make a noise (besides a sinus wave) have over-tones.
For example the Kick sits at 60hz....but you can low-pass it up to 5k and you still hear the click of the kick...

The limiter destroys at some point the loudest transient. In the OH mics it is often the snare and the toms. So if you push the threshold hard enough the snare becomes thinner and thinner....

If you are cutting frequencies out wih an eq
example the kick in the OH´s( lowcut-400hz and a small cut 1,5khz) you also cutting the information of the OH at 1,5khz out...

Best thing is to have a drummer who is ass tight, so you dont need any cuts BUT I think there are only a couple of them out there who can play music like this without editing:)

And Brian great mix sounds brutal as hell!!!
And I´m so happy that the drums doesnt sound that SSD like!!!!
This mix is a REAL step up keep up the great work

ps: The singer DOESNT sound like the singer of REMEMBERING NEVER xBISHOPX

2 things:

1) Christ that mix floats my boat!!!
2) Really digging the band and want to hear more....

hahaha i love those comics!

537090749_fuuuuuuu.png

yeah a lot of eq. No compression(i've never been able to make compression on that slate kick sound good, nor have i thought it necessary)

yeah i occasionally mix the real snare in with the slate snare when there is time and if i like the drummer's snare. I have a pop punk band coming later this month that will want to do that.

Thanks man! I'll have to check out the chain and see. I can't remember haha. I'm thinking i do, but it's pretty much the exact same vocal chain i use for every heavy band, except for a few compressor changes and de esser changes

haha yup! Do you?
I think for this particular band i actually have a compressor going before the limiter as well. This is the only time i've used a compressor on the cymbals since i started using the limiter.

Epically reserecting this thread! Completely sorry.

Could you explain this cymbal limiter trick you speak of?

Extremely tight mix

Its not really a trick so much but your just using the limiter to chop out the snare on your overheads. Waves L1 or L2 works great at eating/killing your snare. Usually your snare peaks the loudest and just use a limiter you have it reduce or limit the snare hits.

yeah L1 cuts out the snare peaks and lets the cymbals get loud without that awkward peak taking over your master bus.

i just wish they made an L1 that didnt have a look-ahead, cuz even the TDM version is like 100 samples of latency due to the look ahead

most of the time i can run most of a mix at under 100 samples latency total.

yeah L1 cuts out the snare peaks and lets the cymbals get loud without that awkward peak taking over your master bus.

i just wish they made an L1 that didnt have a look-ahead, cuz even the TDM version is like 100 samples of latency due to the look ahead

most of the time i can run most of a mix at under 100 samples latency total.

Thanks for answering my question brehh! I do have the L1 ultramaximizer but i was using it on my master bus, Should i be using something else for my master instead? Gosh mastering is something i should be studying more about. Esp with all the bands i am recording coming up.

Any suggestions?
I have the waves Diamond bundle, what should i be taking advantage of in the bundle In your opinion

thanks man, and to the guy who posted above you

Some very interesting guitars riff ideas in this song. Very balanced mix overall, but I will admit that I'm sick to death of these generic brootalz sounding vocals. No personality or distinctiveness.

Well, it's a $4100 plug-in bundle, so unless you "take advantage" of most of the plugins there, you're pretty much wasting money.

Oh yeahh i use my bundle of everything i record, everything. but what i am saying is, what is in there that can get me real good mastering results with out having to look for more plug ins. ya know what i am saying? I am not really sure what would work well on my master track, I am new to mastering stuff so i am saying i am going to sound like an idiot and probably ask some dumb questions but as of now i am just trying to learn more and the only way to do that is by asking questions about simple stuff. and sounding like an idiot, unfortunetly. haha

I hope ^that didn't come off as rude i am just saying.

But thanks.

Also how what are people doing for EQ in here for heavy projects?
I cut some low at 500hz very few dB just to clean it up a little. I also boost a few dB at 5k usually.
Someone explain the C1? hahaha

I am sorry guys for sounding like such a faggot. If i can help any of you guys out than i will, just saying, ha.