My late christmas gift to you guize: Full song ready to be mixed

Even later to the party so I don't expect anyone to listen :lol: but here's one I cooked up... Really hate working with programmed drums, haven't done it in ages! Guitars are Pod Farm using TS + Uberschall, not your usual Diamond Plate patch ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3616293/olafear1-adamwathan.mp3

dude you failed at linking

edit. Actually both of you dudes failed at linking. You aren't late to the party, you didn't even leave home yet!

HAHA I haven't listened to the bass and drums alone during the grinding part. Man I'm totally off beat with the bass. Where is the facepalm smilie?

Good backing track!

I told you this on like the first two pages! I spent 2 hours editing your fucking bass to be in-time on my backing track :lol:

(much love, you probably did that shit in one take whilst sleeping anyway).

... and since I'm such a selfish bastard(only reading the good comments about my playing) and skip the questions you write in this thread:

Question:
What interface did you use to record the DI mr Goddamn Guitar?

Answer.
I'm using the instrument input of my Apogee One to record the DI files. I bought a good DI box but returned it when I noticed that it was not even noticeable better than the instrument input on the apogee.

Yeah it is quite weird at some parts , and it's not only the bass (eg. palm mutes ~ 2:08) but I decided not to mention it seeing how Ermz and Burny got ignored :lol: I haven't edited it, though, since I'm too busy painting walls and ceilling at the new apartment I'll be moving in (getting paint in your eyes is great fun).

Anyway, the riffs and general tightness more than make up for the mistakes. It's so awesome I feel sorry for you for getting to hate it. :kickass::kickass:

I bought a good DI box but returned it when I noticed that it was not even noticeable better than the instrument input on the apogee.

That's awesome!

I have 3 DIs here and they all have noticable differences between them. The on-board Millennia Origin one was sucking out too much low-mid and just doing odd shit to the tone (it's a tube DI stage... go figure) so I had to get the Countryman. The Red Eye meanwhile just sucks too much tone from passive pickups.