My Latest Work (literally just finished this)

Really digging this and loving the vocals in particular - only complaint is drums sound really similar to TDWP on this end. OH/Verb/Toms are diff, but the kick/snare are probably the same kick 10/snare 12a combo.

Ok that delay on the guitar harmonics before the clean vocals is fucking legit. Guitar tone is dominating asshole - anything different than your normal method?

Honestly, I think you low-pass your guitars a bit too much. I would love to hear a tad more presence and grit. The body is there, but its not as articulate as it could be.

The snare needs a bit more "bang" and a little less "thud." The lower mid content of the snare overpowers the crack.

but there was a multiband on the whole mix killing the low end.

problem is fixed!
sounds wicked. so stoked

to all concerned, this is "We Came As Romans" debut LP on Equal Vision Records. I developed the band, and got them signed after producing their 4 song EP called Dreams

Really digging this and loving the vocals in particular - only complaint is drums sound really similar to TDWP on this end. OH/Verb/Toms are diff, but the kick/snare are probably the same kick 10/snare 12a combo.

Ok that delay on the guitar harmonics before the clean vocals is fucking legit. Guitar tone is dominating asshole - anything different than your normal method?

the settings are almost all exactley the same as the branches album. for everything.

i just really feel this record should sound exactley like this.

i know people will compare the mixes and even the band / music. but to me the songs are in a whole different ball park.

we're not using any tubescreamer on this record either. there's a bit of tube screamer on the prada record.

anyways, as much as i want it to be apples and oranges, i dont think people will see it that way, unfortunately.

it rocks in my studio, i love it.

Can you do magic tricks Joey, because my avatar picture is quite close to yours, and you may take over GOB as my new hero.

and joey, did you use your UAD regular settings for bass?
i love your bass sound like we came as romans EP...some method to get similar sound? ampeg svx?

the keys in the beginning remind me of a Dario Argento film that escapes me at the moment....Amazing stuff dude wow....

how are you doing those Vocal swell's before the actually vocal comes in? what your method behind that?

ahhh it was this one ...but now that i hear it , it doesnt really sound like it

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be stoked also if i produced/mixed this........well done dude.
Sounding Awesome.

This band is pretty weird. i just started listening to Miss May I, and i thought it sounded like one of your mixes. And later found out you did this. Good stuff

This band is pretty weird. i just started listening to Miss May I, and i thought it sounded like one of your mixes. And later found out you did this. Good stuff

what do you mean this band is weird? haha

i think playing a buntch of string skipping rifs over boom bop over and over is weird

playing chords in d major is NOT weird

As expected great tones, great mix.
Although I do agree with Lolzgreggy, perhaps the guitars can be low passed at a slightly higher frequency for a bit more attitude, grit and bite in the tone.

after giving this another listen, i can definitely appreciate the amount of work you put into your bands with all the little extra production ideas. I don't know how you do it bro.

Yea I was thinking the same thing before you posted this. Its insane the little production goodies joey sneaks in a mix. There never to much either and just make the production a bit more exciting. Great job Joey and this band has come a long way with your help! You already know this though....