My Latest Work (literally just finished this)

where is the bass
i need some 60hz or i will cry
apart from that, sickening mix as always bro
i can listen to stuff youve mixed and enjoy it even if i hate the music, which is a testament to your mixign chops
i hate the devil wears parada with a passion (the band, not the film, meryl streep is the shit yall) but your mix is just like OH SHIT MSUT LSITEN HOLY FUCK
that isnt an insult, rather a huge compliment, so yeah
the vocal swells in this are amazing man, wish i could nail that effect D:

joey
the orchesta sounds
you fuck, i will hate you forever because of how huge that shit sounds
i love how much strings are sneaking their way into your productions :D

a mixture of kick / snare / hi hat / lo fi kit peices from stylus RMX and battery 3 library

beat programmed with midi (written by me and the band)

Thanks for the info Joey.

Is that the same you used on TDWP's "Louder Than Thunder"?
I've never used this kind of drum samples, so I'm getting intersted in this, may end using some for an intro or slow song, I don't know yet :p

Keep the good work man!
-Erik

joey
the orchesta sounds
you fuck, i will hate you forever because of how huge that shit sounds
i love how much strings are sneaking their way into your productions :D

thanks

its from the east west quantum leap platinum play engine library

string part was written by me and josh after we made the key change

its actually the song's "lead" but scale shifted to work with the new key

Thanks for the info Joey.

Is that the same you used on TDWP's "Louder Than Thunder"?
I've never used this kind of drum samples, so I'm getting intersted in this, may end using some for an intro or slow song, I don't know yet :p

Keep the good work man!
-Erik

actually, there's 24 tracks dedicated to the drums on that song
and im pretty sure i used at least one or more sample from every sample library i have

so that would include...

stylus rmx
battery 3 (and all previous battery libraries)
dfhs
SSD 3.0
superior 2
Reaktor 5

and samples of dan's drum set.

Hey Joey,i konw that you don't share your presets...but maybe you could tell the post processing that apply to these guitars please?

awesome work Joey....I love this band, didnt know you developed them, i friggin love their debut....its in my car now and this track is fucking greaat.

only thing i noticed, and i also noticed it on the devil wears prada cd, the voice has alot ess'ing. If I listen to TDWP cd too loud, the high zz of the ess'es gives me a headache lol... no one else has mentioned it, but I can notice it in the car and in the headphones..

i've listened to this mix a thousand times now, and i've decided it's lacking too much low freq content.

is currently the only song in my library with a custom EQ!

i still love this song. gonna buy this album when i can! any news on when it's out?

thanks,

awesome work Joey....I love this band, didnt know you developed them, i friggin love their debut....its in my car now and this track is fucking greaat.

only thing i noticed, and i also noticed it on the devil wears prada cd, the voice has alot ess'ing. If I listen to TDWP cd too loud, the high zz of the ess'es gives me a headache lol... no one else has mentioned it, but I can notice it in the car and in the headphones..

welp all i can say is i've messed with this for hours and hours, and still can't resolve it

i'd rather have the cd sound good quieter and have people understand the lyrics rather than fucking with the sibilance too much

i am de-essing. literally the next "level" of de-essing takes so much away from the vocals i can't stand it. so i never take that risk.

sorry man! hope it doesnt ruin the record for ya!

i've listened to this mix a thousand times now, and i've decided it's lacking too much low freq content.

is currently the only song in my library with a custom EQ!

i still love this song. gonna buy this album when i can! any news on when it's out?

thanks,

hey man! the missing bass content has already been fixed, i'll upload a new mix for all your ears if you guys want it bad enough

i think this beast comes out in october. this record is so sweet

this song that i posted started off (in pre production) being the worst song on the record (it was the last song written too).

so the other songs hold a lot more weight than this one. i think if people love this song, they're going to freak when they hear the others.
many suprises in the othersongs =]]