My Latest Work (literally just finished this)

the ending of this track is seriously powerful, emotionally that his
those fucking strings

man, joey, you've shot up in my big book of respected producers like 10000 places right now
fucking hell man, props for sure on those strings

no post processing on the guitars on this one

seriously, straight off pod farm

all im doing is putting a low pass at like 12khz

Thank you very much joey..can you tell us more details on pod farm?wich amp,cab and if it's double tracked?and eq on pod farm??thank you very much Joey..

hey man! the missing bass content has already been fixed, i'll upload a new mix for all your ears if you guys want it bad enough

i think this beast comes out in october. this record is so sweet

this song that i posted started off (in pre production) being the worst song on the record (it was the last song written too).

so the other songs hold a lot more weight than this one. i think if people love this song, they're going to freak when they hear the others.
many suprises in the othersongs =]]

an updated mix would be awesome! i'm really digging this song! aha.

october?! arrg. i was expecting something like that.. hah.

i'm quite interested to hear the rest of the songs on the album now!

thanks,

Ya haha October is going to be a long wait for this :'(

I PM'ed you about this but I realize your super busy, so maybe you can answer this on here.

With guitars with active pickups, does the input ever show it's clipping (DI)? It says it is in Reaper when I'm using
Pod Farm, but I don't hear any audible overload I don't think.

SICCCKKK mix dude. Still boning over this one.

Ya haha October is going to be a long wait for this :'(

I PM'ed you about this but I realize your super busy, so maybe you can answer this on here.

With guitars with active pickups, does the input ever show it's clipping (DI)? It says it is in Reaper when I'm using
Pod Farm, but I don't hear any audible overload I don't think.

SICCCKKK mix dude. Still boning over this one.

if any meters show clipping, it IS a bad thing

no, none of my meters are clipping anywhere

Haha I mean obviously, but that takes away from your pickups, doesn't it? They aren't sending full output, which seems like it would be a bad thing. And if I happened to nudge the volume knob on the guitar while recording, it would screw everything up...

Haha I mean obviously, but that takes away from your pickups, doesn't it? They aren't sending full output, which seems like it would be a bad thing. And if I happened to nudge the volume knob on the guitar while recording, it would screw everything up...

your sig says MOTU ultralite and PodX3.

If you don't wanna use the pod, plug guitar directly into one of the preamps on the ultralite, mash the strings and turn the gain knob (on the preamp) up until it clips, then come down a few db so that there's a bit of headroom.

OR

remove the ultralite from the equation, plug the pod into your computer via USB, and use it as an interface (ASIO device) and track guitar that way. you cannot possibly fail using this method, and there's no conversion.

The problem is my preamp is as low as it can go on my interface. And my Pod HAS to be connected to use Pod Farm.

EDIT: Just checked again, and yes the trim is on 0db, as low as it can go

It has a pad, the DI AND the preamp. If I use it though, I lose too much signal, that's the problem. Ruins the tone and the volume level

mate you are going wrong somewhere, this shouldn't be happening....in baby steps go through the stages between the guitar and the computer....that way we can pinpoint the problem

Ok, I have my guitar, with volume and pick up knobs all the way up. It doesn't clip the Pod, nor anything else. Anyways, I have a 1/4" unbalanced cable from it into the EDB1 direct box. There is an XLR lo-z from the direct box to the first analog input on my Ultralite mk3. There are NO effects, compressors, etc. set on my MOTU, so nothing is affecting the guitar signal except the preamps. The trim, which can be turned up to like +50db to compensate for low signals, is all the way down at 0db. I opened up CueMix FX and checked the inputs and everything, nothing is set wrong.

Anyways, I select and arm a track and set the input to that first analog input on my MOTU. I begin playing, with or without Pod Farm or effects on, and it goes into the red area and clips on thick palm-muted stuff. I have no idea what the problem is. These cables are brand new too, and the guitar's battery is fairly new and shows no signs of poor tone from the battery (which it would do if it were about to die).

NOW, just tried this though. Input on my MOTU is always selected to be on that first analog input, so I tried the second analog input, same thing. BUT if I select stereo (so it will use that 1st AND 2nd input at the same time), the input cuts down to about 2/3 (obviously because it is splitting the output level between the 1st input and 2nd input, but I don't have anything in the second input, so it's quieter), which is decent but it is still losing tone that way. And if I have it on stereo, it makes me think that first analog input isn't getting the full attention of the preamp or something since it (apparently, due to the lower signal now) turns down the preamps to allow for two signals to be sent to the output.

Any further help?

Hey Joey..melodic vocals sounds similar to before their eyes,is it correct?can you explain the chain and settings of melodic vocals please?i like it very much..

welp all i can say is i've messed with this for hours and hours, and still can't resolve it

i'd rather have the cd sound good quieter and have people understand the lyrics rather than fucking with the sibilance too much

i am de-essing. literally the next "level" of de-essing takes so much away from the vocals i can't stand it. so i never take that risk.

sorry man! hope it doesnt ruin the record for ya!

haha, no way.

this cd will be fucking great...nothing will ruin it.