My LP's Finally Arrived!!!!

Spike

Blinded By The Light...
Jul 15, 2001
Australia
Finally! I've Been listening to burnt copies of my brothers original Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH, albums for about 4-5 years. My appreciation for Opeth finally passed a point where it felt fundamentally wrong to be listening to burnt copies of their work (about 4 years ago!). So I got off my lazy ass and went looking for places to back order their stuff, but they were impossible to find in Oz. Then I find out about the 're-release' of some of the bands greatest works, and $135 later I'm the proud owner of my first ever LP's!.:D

Here's a quick question for you folk's out there. Has ANYONE else on the boards bought the LP's as of yet?:confused:

As these are my first LP's and I've never used them before I've refrained form listening to these discs of aural bliss, so far. I've heard from time to time that apparently the 'first play' of an LP has superior sound quality to a CD but deteriorates with use. If so, I plan to use some tech an aussie company came up with and burn from an LP player with a line out (if I can find one!) at around 220kbps (the highest compression rate I can fit on a mp3 disc for their five albums, plus bonus disc).

If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate any info you could hit me up with. Or any one whose actually listened to the LP's. Are they remastered, re-recorded, or did they just rip 'em off the disc and 'burn' them to LP.

Ciao!

Originally posted by Spike
Finally! I've Been listening to burnt copies of my brothers original Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH, albums for about 4-5 years. My appreciation for Opeth finally passed a point where it felt fundamentally wrong to be listening to burnt copies of their work (about 4 years ago!). So I got off my lazy ass and went looking for places to back order their stuff, but they were impossible to find in Oz. Then I find out about the 're-release' of some of the bands greatest works, and $135 later I'm the proud owner of my first ever LP's!.:D

Here's a quick question for you folk's out there. Has ANYONE else on the boards bought the LP's as of yet?:confused:

As these are my first LP's and I've never used them before I've refrained form listening to these discs of aural bliss, so far. I've heard from time to time that apparently the 'first play' of an LP has superior sound quality to a CD but deteriorates with use. If so, I plan to use some tech an aussie company came up with and burn from an LP player with a line out (if I can find one!) at around 220kbps (the highest compression rate I can fit on a mp3 disc for their five albums, plus bonus disc).

If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate any info you could hit me up with. Or any one whose actually listened to the LP's. Are they remastered, re-recorded, or did they just rip 'em off the disc and 'burn' them to LP.

Ciao!
Sweetness

hey what's LP and EP mean?
i'm getting my re-issue orchid from the omega site :)
there's also a morningrise LP there too

Originally posted by Oyo
I wouldn't want to buy anything thats quality detoriated over time, I'd feel guilty everytime I played it.

....Hence burning them to MP3 on the first run. I can't wait. One CD entirely devoted to Opeth! Now I just gotta fork out for the Exonion (portable MP3 cd player):loco:

Yeah, it's kenshin. Took me long enough to fix up though (First Custom avatar):D Funnily enough, I just downsized one of my wallpapers to make it!

Originally posted by terrymx

an EP is a short album, usually 6 songs, like half an album, i suppose an opeth EP would have 2-3 songs on it. and an LP is like a vinyl that you got before tapes and cds, and u play em with them neddle thingys that always seem to gather dust

Originally posted by terrymx

Anyone game to answer this one, cos' now that I think about it, I've got no Idea what LP and EP means. I think EP is actually an album of 5 songs........:confused: or something

Originally posted by Spike

Anyone game to answer this one, cos' now that I think about it, I've got no Idea what LP and EP means. I think EP is actually an album of 5 songs........:confused: or something

you get cds called LP's too like the slim shaddy LP by eminem (yuk, im ashamed i know the name) which just means a full length album, or maybe translated as long play perchance?

Originally posted by Oyo
I'm an idiot (Don't know how to delete post, so i'll just call myself an idiot and begone)

I think what he was trying to say was "If you don't have something smart to say, don't say anything at all". Hmmm........ More prophetic words of wisdom from Oyo there.:D Sooooo...... No one else has the LP's then........:cry: SNIFF