my new amp!

Ronnie_Rocker

Mar 21, 2006
sweden
www.ronniebjornstrom.com
i just bought this amp. i´ll recive it on friday.
its a Mesa Boogie Single Recitifer Recto-verb. modified by Voodooamps.
has anyone of you played thru one of this?

*update*

i picked up my amp today. it sounds raw and evil!

well, here it is! with my Ibanez American master USA custom w/Tremol-no and emg pickups
Boogieibanez.jpg

One of the guitarists in my band has an unmodded one and it sounds really menacing, I love it. And somehow it seems to me that it has more "roar" than the newer "non verb" singles, go figure!

Description/Specs:

All Modifications are exclusive to Voodoo Amps™.
Rectifier series is one of the top 5 amps we mod the most.
Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion.
Breath taking for leads or single note passages.
Faster attack - tracks every note you play immediately.
Improved note articulation - more articulate/defined/clear.
Harmonics will leap off from the fretboard with ease.
No matter how much gain you use you can still hear all the notes within the chords - When you turn the gain control to 10 - it's all useable.
Improved clean tones - more airy/chimey/open sounding & lush (more Vox or Fender like).
Lows, mids to highs are much more balanced across the frequency spectrum.
Dramatically improved bottom end - no more loose/mushy bottom.
Cranked tones at lower volumes.
EQ section is much more active and responsive allowing for unlimited tonal possibilities.
Will cut through & sit in the mix much better live as well as in the recording studio.
All features & functions still operate the same - no holes drilled.
Voodoo Mods™ retain your amps resale value verses decreasing it.
Turn around times & rush service.

Did you get it off Ebay from Jackson Music? If you did i played it at the store and it sounded killer. I used to have a stock one and the voodoo modde one i played was alot tighter sounding.

well... its possible that the amp was at Jacksonmusic. i bought it from a guy here in sweden, and he bought it from the states. the amp is a 120v model, soo i need to use a powerconverter.

Dude voodoo amps is only an hour away from me. I played a moded 5150 by them and it sounded alot tighter tone wise (no wobbly low end) they were able to take some of the hiss out of the gain chanell too. I wish I could afford one of there handmade amps.

I had them re tube my amp recently, played that amp while I was there.

This is fantastic. I've been dissapointed with my Dual Recto 2ch for years now. It's probably going on 10 years old now. Retubed numerous times, new speakers in cabinets, various pickups in guitars. Yet still the clean tone is horrible and my gain is too mushy. I'm definately going to ship it out to get mod'd. The question is, the Standard Mod or the Deluxe....hmmmmmm.....

Decisions...decisions....