NAD! Jet City JCA50!

I kinda wish I'd saved some pennies and got the 100HDM version, mainly because the metal grill and LED's look sick! No cash at the mo though so better to just do the trade and not spend anything other than courier fee's.

Ahh, something familiar with some twists! I'm digging the transformerless 57 clips I've heard thusfar (yours and Wormwood's). Anybody know of any other clips with that mic's mod?

I know I'm definitely modding mine as soon as I can get my hands on a ZEDR16 and a Cloudlifter.

To be honest I don't know if you'll need the cloudlifter, sure the output drops quite a bit by doing the mod but it's only really going to be an issue if you're recording quieter sources. Close mic'ing a screaming guitar amp poses no problems for it.

Thanks guys for this thread, I just pulled the plug and ordered a JCA100HDM! As it's only EUR 389 now at Thomann's, I figured I sell the JCA20h and spend some extra pennies for the 50/100 watt version, WITH FX loop and WITH a clean channel.... can't wait for band rehearsal to blow everyone out of the room ;-)

The clean channel is more of a crunch, though you can still get a decent clean by running the gain low and the master volume higher. The clean mod on harmony central is really simple though.

So would you say these are pretty versatile?

I'm looking for something that I could cover a variety of projects on and having difficulty finding a second hand JVM.

Yeah man, there's some good crunch/rock tones to be had in there aswell as the metal stuff. If you're looking for one amp to do it all on a budget I can't think of anything else in the price range that comes close tbh.

Just want to share something....

I had a Jet City JCA100H - it's the 100-watt head version of this 50. Anyway, you can't really set up the channels to be a "clean" and a "metal distortion" type thing, like you would with a two channel amp. The overdrive channel and the clean channel are designed in such a way that the overdrive sound bleeds through to the clean channel. So you can't get a nice pristine clean tone from the amp - it works fine with a crunchy mid-gain rhythm, and then a lead tone. But that wasn't why I bought it. Anyway, sent it back for a refund.

You may want to bear this in mind if you need a clean tone.

I had a Jet City JCA100H - it's the 100-watt head version of this 50. Anyway, you can't really set up the channels to be a "clean" and a "metal distortion" type thing, like you would with a two channel amp. The overdrive channel and the clean channel are designed in such a way that the overdrive sound bleeds through to the clean channel. So you can't get a nice pristine clean tone from the amp - it works fine with a crunchy mid-gain rhythm, and then a lead tone. But that wasn't why I bought it. Anyway, sent it back for a refund.

Thanks for this mate; was ready to throw my money at Andertons!! so kinda like the jam 800 2205 then!

Why andertons? They're like £200 squid cheaper at Thomman - 258 for the 50 watt version.

Holy shit, it sounds great !
What cab/mic did you use ?
[EDIT: nevermind, I missed the post where you gave all the infos. TS7 + Mesa Cab + SM57]

I just ordered one at Thomann this morning for 319€, and I also ordered a Tubetown Tonehound to use it in a silent recording setup, with Torpedo PI-101 for cabs/miking. I'll post some clips in a few weeks.

Your clip reinforced my decision, thanks a lot :headbang:

That's no problem for me, I never use a real clean sound, it's more of a low gain/ dirty clean. Looking forward to putting the amp on my Mesa OS 4x12 with a TS9 in front....

That's no problem for me, I never use a real clean sound, it's more of a low gain/ dirty clean. Looking forward to putting the amp on my Mesa OS 4x12 with a TS9 in front....

Yup! Not saying they're bad amps at all. They sound really good as a high-gain tone. But it didn't really fit into the way I play guitar unfortunately.

181099_334053783338430_396950481_n.jpg

Bought a 100H, had a wee reamp sesh today.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363530/JetCitaaay.mp3

Had to run on low volume but I think it came out alright, maybe a wee bit overly biting in the presence region but I'll take that over too fizzy.