Name Bands That Have Completely Changed Their Sound

I relistend to the new Sepultura, it's better then i thought, no return, but they initiate the music around the concept well, so thats my 2cents on it... wish it cost that much though:lol:

Anathema , Metallica , Paradise Lost , Edguy , Dimmu Borgir (not too much though) , Hypocrisy (you can feel the change between penetralia and the arrival , they are two completely differently genre oriented albums) , In flames , Slayer obviusly (despite the fact they are reaching their old stuff with christ illusion) , Opeth , Rotting Christ , Therion (..Of Darkness, beyond sanctorum and Symphony Masses Ho Drakon Ho Megas were death metal with a feel of doom , not at all like their new stuff which I love nonetheless) .

Thats all that comes through my mind at the moment.

While I'm not a fan of their music, from what I've heard we seem to have very different definiton of completly changing style. To me they barely seemed to change at all from an album to another.

I think what you are trying to say is, they are complete shit and they can't deviate from being shit. Once you're shit you're always shit. shitty shit shit

Dimmu Borgir (not too much though)

I think Dimmu Borgir has changed considerably be it positive or negative. With th e exception of the re-recorded Stormblast, I think their newer material is just as good as their older stuff - however, For All Tid will always be my favourite.

Some of these have probably been mentioned,but:

Atrocity
Pygenesis (already went to shit by the release of their first full length)
Afflicted
Hypocrisy
Amorphis
Gorefest
In Flames
Joyless
Tormentor
Sepultura
Entombed
Sentenced
Carcass
Burzum
Massacra
Extrema
Sadist

^ all these bands changed their sound much for the worse. here are some bands where the drastic change was not as bad, but still not that good, either, in most cases:

Behemoth
Aeternus
Sacramentum
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Immortal
Aeternus
Cathedral
Crimson Massacre
Napalm Death
Dissection
Summoning

When you people mention Rotting Christ, is "A Dead Poem" on the good side or the bad? Only album I've heard form them, and I loveee it!

Well since RC are greek and so am I , I am a big fan supporting them , but that doesnt mean I will not bash em for screwing up their music.

Dead poem is definately a great album , sorrowful farewell is a great song to listen to.
genesis , Thy Mighty contract , Non serviam are some very good black metal albums.