Name bands you just can't stand

Morbid In Rock said:
I can't stand R&B, rap, hip hop...
I can't stand those "The blabla" bands (The Hives, The Strokes, The Darkness...)
I can't stand grunge and punk
I can't stand REM, Radiohead, U2, Oasis...
I can't stand Brazillian music (samba, pagode, axé, sertanejo, funk, forró)
I can't stand those Gothic Metal bands with female vocals!
I can't stand Black and Death Metal...and Splatter, Gore...

:puke:

Which means....you only listen to Celine Dion and Metallica? :p

I try to be open-minded. Unlike some people here, I think that being able to appreciate beauty in different styles of music is a good thing. I listen to pop, punk, rock, classical, nu-metal and even some rap (it is now when you give me bad rep :)). I particularly enjoy good pop bands like U2 or good nu-metal like System of a Down.
But i can't stand most of the pop music and hiphop that are on tv and radios all the time. I can't stand techno, either. And i can't stand Anal Cunt, though their lyrics are funny

yeah i really really hate nirvana too. people always talking on and onabout how oh they are so great and then they get pissed when i talk on and on about how they should not be allowed to procreate any more. THe day curt cobain blew his brains all over the wall is a day to be celebrated

I think they're boring as hell.

Exactly! they remind me to much of gay ass pink floyd....which reminds me of a story.

ok, so about 3 weeks ago, the keyboard player and myself (we are looking for a drummer) go over to this guys house. We heard that he plays drums. So we go meet him and listen to him play it isnt bad at all. But the bad thing is that he doesnt like any metal. So we are like meh, we will still try it out. So after we listen to him play for a bit he goes "come on, I'll show you my cd's." So I go look at his "precious" cd collection and he is like "I love pink floyd" (now I dont know about you guys but I absolutely HATE pink floyd) and he names all these shitty bands. This guy was a total hippy, waste of a decent drummer. so what im getting at is ............... well shit I have no idea. I just dont like opeth and I hate Pink Floyd. But I love chalupas.
chalupa.jpg

Hah, good to know I'm not the only person who thinks Opeth is B-O-R-I-N-G ;)
Well, actually the only Opeth album I own is My Arms Your Hearse. Which starts out pretty good, BUT THEN: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................................................................
So I realized Opeth is not really my thing, and didn't buy any more of their stuff...

LOL no shit. Opeth is good if you know what to listen for. It's probbably the same reason you wouldn't get TOOL. You have to understand why certain tones are chosen to represent certian things. It's not always about speed and technical. It's about the feel of the music. That is why I love CoB, great feel, speed, and technical.

I hate pretty much all mainstream music.

Pop punk in general - Cum 41, good charlotte, Blink 8348347, and the likes
I could definately do with out slipknot, limp bizcit, korn, and other such nonsence
i dont hate nirvana but i think they were overrated, along with the beatles (prepares for a shitload of bad rep)
Creed, pearljam, dave matthews, Phish, "Jam bands"
I just saw opeth, and while i liked them more then i thought i would, it was not the greatest thing.

FOr those of you who dont like punk rock, go check out the "The Vex" thread and see if you like that, its different than your average "punk rock"

That is, if the link ever fucking works.

Reactions: Lanterns
Silver Incubus said:
LOL no shit. Opeth is good if you know what to listen for. It's probbably the same reason you wouldn't get TOOL. You have to understand why certain tones are chosen to represent certian things. It's not always about speed and technical. It's about the feel of the music. That is why I love CoB, great feel, speed, and technical.

I hate pretty much all mainstream music.

Dude I dont hate/dislike them because I dont know music. I dont listen to music for the gay ass emotion. And I hate tool just as much. shitty singer, boring guitar parts, and drumming that everyone says is good, but is just boring as hell. I dont wanna hear some pussy and all of his "problems." I listen to upbeat metal, and classical. Because bands like your name "incubus" tool, opeth, all pop music, most punk music, and everthing else that is "popular" is shitty as hell. You can take that to the fucking bank and pull your thumb out of your ass!!!!!!! :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: