How many here enjoy nu-metal?

Do you like nu-metal?

• Total voters
Hellion said:
I don't see how talent makes a difference to the fact that they are nu-metal.

Isn't it like saying, to put Cryptopsy in the same category as Deicide is very wrong, because Cryptopsy are a ton more creative and talented?

Well first of all, theres a HUGE difference in talent. Also just listen to the two - completely different styles of music, LP is based on a chord or two with some guy rapping and another guy whining. Mudvayne is far more creative both in their playing and songwriting ability. They sound completely different, and I mean that it just doesn't do them justice to be lumped in with the same group as a band like Linkin Park.

After all, if someone hears they are both nu-metal, they will immediately think that the bands are the same and they obviously suck. This couldn't be more different for Mudvayne. Basically what I was saying was a simpler version of this.

nu-metal is infecting and killing most metal bands, just look at in flames, even the difference between clayman and r2r was shockingly nu

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
well... i voted for SOME nu-metal.... nu-metal was the first style of rock music that i ever heard....
i started with: Deftones, Korn, Limp Bullshit and some others. Now i can't stand most of those bands... but there are some others that i still enjoy: Deftones, Incubus, Mudvayne...
Same with me. I definitely respect mudvayne, and I still spin Deftones on occasion.

I like some Nü-Metal. If it wasn't called Nü Metal alot less people would bitch about those bands. Everyone say "they aren't metal"... hey, they didn't choose the name of that music style.

Reactions: Tebus
I LOATHE NU METAL.
@MeltingSnowman: IF THEY HAD SOME SENSE THEY WOULD NOT CALL NU METAL "METAL"! IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE METAL IMAGE! WHAT PART OF NU METAL EVEN SUITS THE NAME OF "METAL"?!?!
I must admit, I USED to like it, before I knew any shit about metal.. but now:

their music is gay, the musicians are gay, the name is gay. full stop.

@MeltingSnowman: IF THEY HAD SOME SENSE THEY WOULD NOT CALL NU METAL "METAL"! IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE METAL IMAGE! WHAT PART OF NU METAL EVEN SUITS THE NAME OF "METAL"?!?!

Media = Senseless, don't expect too much from them.

Morning Star said:
I LOATHE NU METAL.
I must admit, I USED to like it, before I knew any shit about metal.. but now:

their music is gay, the musicians are gay, the name is gay. full stop.
Metal is not an image.