How big is Nu-Metal in Europe?

I think it's the attitude that nu-metallers have that pisses a lot of people off.

I tend to like the music. Like any metal genre, it has its good and bad bands.

Willy_Wanker said:
It isn't as bad with moshers and goths here because they don't really hang around in huge groups. It is really bad with what you call scallies (they are known as townies here and there are also people known as mods here, and they are about the same as townies, they go around beating goths and moshers up for no good reason at all. They think that I am one (because of this i get close to get beaten up, once I was beaten up really badly, I had to take 2-3 weeks off school because of it), but I'd rather not be known as a mosher or a goth, I'd rather not be branded even though i wear them kind of clothes but that is because I like the clothes

where i live is pretty much if you're under 40 you're either a fashion victim, scallie nobhead or nu-metalhead. I can honestly say there's probably easily less than 10 non-nu-metal metalheads that i've seen around town.

I regularly got spat at by 12 or 13 yr old scallies for fuck all reason, but you get used to it... plus at least you know they've got fuck all other than cider and masturbating to go home to.

i was asked by one of the guys in charge at work once about what music i was into, and pretty much the only bands he could name that were even remotely metal were Iron Maiden, Fields Of The Nephillim, Korn and Limp Bizkit. Most people tend not to talk to me about music at work anyway, because aside from one guy - who though he appreciates death metal also has a KOrn tendency - there's no-one that has even heard of the likes of Devin Townsend, Emperor or Napalm Death o_O

I think Nu Metal has had its day in America -- people seem to be gravitating towards hard rock with little metal flourishes. Even the Slipknot fans aren't wearing giant baggy pants any more. And rap videos all feature pretend hard rock bands, even in songs with no guitars. It's weird.

Was in poland 2 years ago, was in a bar and a guy mentioned slipknot on tour in germany and how good it was, some guy hit him over with a chair...

No idea what it means really, its a love and hate in some places, some love it some dont.

Nu metal is dying out soon in Finland. Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death has sold twice as much as Limp Bizkit's latest albums. New P.O.D record didn't even get into top40 album chart. Bands like Children Of Bodom and Nightwish are really popular among 12-16 year kids. Many american bands like Adema, Sevendust etc. are NOTHING here, they have like zero sales.
This might sound like Finland is a paradise for metal...well, Linkin Park was really popular 2 years ago, so was Limp Bizkit. But not really anymore. It went away really quickly. You see young people here with metal shirts. If a 15-year kid wears a Maiden-shirt, it's normal. Some bands like Children Of Bodom have gotten even bad reputation for that u know:"they are band for kiddies" LOL

My point: I'm glad I don't live in America or in England. People are much less trend oriented followers here. Of course there are people like that but not even remotely as much as in US

HardSide said:
Was in poland 2 years ago, was in a bar and a guy mentioned slipknot on tour in germany and how good it was, some guy hit him over with a chair...

No idea what it means really, its a love and hate in some places, some love it some dont.

well Poland is very much a death metal country from what i've seen and heard of the place, so if i'd have been there i'd probably have shaken the hand of the guy holding the chair :Spin:

IMO it would be worse if scumbags like Nelly, 50 Cent, and Snoop Dogg were popular in Europe. It's bad enough that the assinine culture those lowlifes represent is so popular here in the US. Down with mainsteam hip hop!

Oh god. Pantera to blame for the nu-metal trend? That's bullshit. You are probably saying this because they became big in the 90's. Korn and Limp Bizkit made nu-metal mainstream you dumbass.