NAMM rolecall!

I'll be there for a couple of days. A big bass player meetup is in the planning stages.

Jim

In 1995 I got in fraudulently. It was so unworkably over-crowded [probably largely with others who got in fraudulently too] that I've had no interest in returning.

Hey Doo , if you see Charlie Benante , tell him I think he plays like Rikki Rocket....
:p

Me, me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me,me, me!!!

Liz isn't excited at all is she? :p :Spin:

Come on get fired up. :loco:

Jim

For those of you unable to get passes, you can always hit up the Hilton (hotel) Fri and Sat night. It's a huge party, no badge/pass necessary, and you will have the opportunity to meet/see lots of people there. And its FREE! In the past I've seen/met Lemmy, Nicko, Charlie Benante, Joey Vera, KK Downing, Glenn Tipton, Roy Z, Bruce Kulick, and many, many more!

The NAMM show is the tradeshow and showcase of music gear makers for music gear sellers. Every maker unveils their newest offering to retail shop owners to work deals.

The only (up front) way in is to be associated with a NAMM member dealer or a manufacturer.

Talk about a kid in a candy store if you get in. :headbang: :headbang: Everybody's stuff that may never see a store shelf is there.

I'm good friends with a local boutique cabinet maker and he has allowed me to go via his membership to help check out gear. We meet up and compare notes on stuff that we examined.

Jim

Actually direct sales are forbidden until Sunday. Dealers are signing contracts all the time but you can't physically walk out with anything until Sunday and only with proof you bought it.

You see a lot of toys you may never be able to buy because the never make it to market.

Good example I saw some Gotoh tuners for bass last year that seem they would fit on a G&L Tribute bass that would be better than the stock ones. I have the Gotoh catalog but nobody here in the US stocks them but I could get some from Japan.

For a musician it is like a kid getting into disneyland. :Spin:

Jim

spideyjg said:
For a musician it is like a kid getting into disneyland. :Spin:

Jim

which is right across the street!

hey robo ~ what's that company that mods stomp boxes again? i was hoping they had a booth and i could check em out. and where's sit stu? he hasn't checked in yet!!!!

MiniMurray said:
which is right across the street!

hey robo ~ what's that company that mods stomp boxes again? i was hoping they had a booth and i could check em out. and where's sit stu? he hasn't checked in yet!!!!

Oh that would be Robert Keeley Electronics, personally I’m going to buy this modded blues driver next, I think it sounds really good… when you get the product he tells you that he replaced all the caps and resistors to high quality silver mica that never grow old and wear down as the standard ones do, although, the sound quality is the actual byproduct.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=14

I looked them up for you and they will be:

Company: Keeley Electronics, Inc.
Booth: 1279

Hopefully at the Canes show you guys still have some T-shirts so I can wear it one day at NAMM.

The spaghetti strap ones in the store just wouldn't work on me. :loco: :Spin:

Are any of the Maidens gonna be demonstrating gear?

Jim