NAMM Show

I'll be there 2!

Anybody going to CES in Vegas? I'll be stuck there from 1/6 - 1/12...... I'm in trouble.

I can't find an online PinkE's calendar...

The House of Blues looks like it will be the House of Bore the whole time I'll be there. The Blue Note may kick ass.

Any suggestions on what to do?

PS. Come on now - strip bars are a given.

I may actually go. It's been years since I've been to one. But there are a few vendors I want to check out. The crowds and groupie crap gets real old though.
Will any of the Maidens be doing a clinic or be at a booth?

For anyone else interested in going, last I was there it was kinda hard to get in if you don't know someone who can score you a pass. I was able to sneak in a few years, but doubt security is that loose now.

http://namm.com/Tradeshow/

my friend emailed me yesterday saying she may have a pass to loan me. so we'll see. If I go it'll be my first NAMM since 92. fun fun fun

You used to be able to scan and print out extra passes at home on the puter but last year they were hip to that and had these unltraviolet lights at most of the entrances that made a glow on the "real" passes so all the fake ones didn't glow and they didn't let you in!

the last time I went we were issued cards with magnetic strips on the back that had to be read at every entrance with a reader. You slid the card just like a credit card. Wonder why they changed it? Too expensive to do it that way maybe?

Originally posted by Doodoobubbachuck
You used to be able to scan and print out extra passes at home on the puter but last year they were hip to that and had these unltraviolet lights at most of the entrances that made a glow on the "real" passes so all the fake ones didn't glow and they didn't let you in!

Who would ever do such a thing......thats just wrong......flat out wrong.......you should never try to cheat....lol......Hey it worked for us for years.....see what happens when hackers get real jobs...they ruin it for all of us......damn it!!!:mad:

Originally posted by Sterling
my friend emailed me yesterday saying she may have a pass to loan me. so we'll see. If I go it'll be my first NAMM since 92. fun fun fun
Me too. There were a few years that I snuck in behind this curtain on the side of the main entrance building. It was weird, almost too easy. Maybe more people did this too...? Anyway, once in I just avoided security and looked for a pass laying on the ground. I'd always find one eventually. There's so many damn people there bumping into each other. :)

Hello Maiden and Maidens fans. Just found out about 'the Iron Maidens' from the Guitar World article. Went and looked at the website and heard some samples. Very cool.

I will be at NAMM in a business sense. Would be great to meet some of the members. Look up booth #5976. Will be there the whole week. BTW, for those going, there is a really good show on Thrusday night at Sixteen Fifty Club. It is a fusion jazz show. Scott McGill is playing with Michael Mannring on bass. Plus, they have a drummer that will make your jaw hit the ground. These guys are all not from this planet. Also, word is that opening groups have old members of Megadeth and Yngwie Malmsteem.

Thanks for the heads up ah87ts! Is this one of those go to the booth and get your pass to the show things or an open to the public/NAMM badge type of shows? I'm always up for seeing players! We Maidens will be there Friday for sure, possibly Thursday, Saturday we have a gig in San Diego. Hey, do you know of any NAMM performances Friday night? We'll pop by your booth.

Nikki-The Scott McGill show is a normal show. It appears this isn't a 'sponsor' show. They are selling tickets at the door from what I have seen. From what I see at the site, tickets are $10 or $8 with a flyer for the show. The other groups are Cosmosquad and Ohm, who have the member from Megadeth and Yngwie Malmsteem. If you want to know more, check out www.scottmcgill.com. The drummer for Scott McGill is Vic Stevens. He is just incredible. Let me know if anyone goes. I'm looking for people to hang out with and go to the show with. The company I work for only rents one car and there are three of us.