nanananana SANSAMP! PSA!

@ Potshot: Yeah man it kills on bass! Clean guitar aswell, sounds killer! It's just to bad that as men of metal we much prefer a fat distorted sound :p I have started messing around with impulses and I got some good tones quite fast. Nothing spectacular though, but enough to keep me interested in the unit!
Becuse I got to say, that it's been a mixed experience so far. But being used to Pods and my old unit the Vox Tonelab, I am spoiled with getting good sounds straight out of the box. So I'm not really used to tweaking like this but it's fun atleast! :lol:

@ TeamOmega: I haven't tried the MP1, but I've heard great things about it. The SansAmp has a very special sound and as mentioned takes alot of tweaking to get it working right, so if you are up for a challange go for it! :lol:

Tried cranking the highs, does sound better on guitar this way, but I think for me being used to micing up a 6505 and v30 cab, nothing is ever going to compare, what it's missing is the fat warm low mid snarl I like so much ;)

I said it because i see the high knob cranked in that pic, but i think is too much hehe, around 1 o´clock in mine is an ear driller!!
It doesn´t sound fat and warm as a Tube amp, because well, is not tube, but it´s distortion is really clean and raw and i love how easy is to obtain good and different tones from twaeking a knob, and you can always add tube goodness playing it with a tube poweramp, i played mine the the power section of my AT100 and it definitely sounds a bit wider.

And yeah, is killer for bass!!

Any new killer psa1/impulse/eq settings? :) For me the main progress is that the Buzz knob is almost useless for guitar and should be set to minimum... Anybody using that "uncab" impulse before normal impulse?

Yeah, the "buzz" knob is a bit weird. It will usually end up just adding way to much bass for use with impulses. For a long time I always had the knob completely off, but nowadays I have it at maybe 9-10 o clock to add some beef to the sound. Depends on what kind of sound you are going for, if you plan on having a huge bass sound behind it, then switch it off. It's just a matter of experimenting I guess!

I found this video, listen from 1:00... ...isn´t that tone great? And it is thru that small combo and recorded via camera´s internal mic! I tried many many settings/impulses/eq/... but never had such great sound!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread, cause as a HUGE fan of hypocrisy/pain/tagtgren, I bought the PSA 1.0 a year ago for 200 bucks, to catch that tone I just love. It's as if it had a little digital sound, but the good side of digital. With the PSA, Sansamp achieved to have a real unique electronic amp sound, and not something trying to emulate a tube amp.

I just never found a good tone yet because... I just have it, and nothing more (no cab, no power amp). I wanted to have it because I know I'll tweak it a lot when time will come and that was a good price.

Is it a good idea to use it in front of impulses, I mean, compared to some Revalver or Nick Crow's free vsts ? Did you compare the results ?

Nice thread, cause as a HUGE fan of hypocrisy/pain/tagtgren, I bought the PSA 1.0 a year ago for 200 bucks, to catch that tone I just love. It's as if it had a little digital sound, but the good side of digital. With the PSA, Sansamp achieved to have a real unique electronic amp sound, and not something trying to emulate a tube amp.

I just never found a good tone yet because... I just have it, and nothing more (no cab, no power amp). I wanted to have it because I know I'll tweak it a lot when time will come and that was a good price.

Is it a good idea to use it in front of impulses, I mean, compared to some Revalver or Nick Crow's free vsts ? Did you compare the results ?

In this song I have recorded just the PSA signal (same settings our guitarist uses live) and then added an impulse in boogex (2 out of 4 then mixed with the miced tracks). Because we wanted to have the guitar sound match what you hear live.
In an amp sim you will probably have more options and variety in sounds, but again that was not what we were looking for...
Just experiment a little with it, you might get some great stuff.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=945166&content=music