Narration Of A Thoughtful Evening

cause porcupine tree made dis really satirical song called the soundz of muzk and omgz. now everybody haz 2 say muzak.

i totally agree bangadrian, every genre has something to offer and people who think one is "deeper" than another are just depriving themselves of the enjoyment of what's out there

bangadrian said:
you're asking why they can't "see the depth" in your music? well i'm assuming you mostly listen to metal/prog. why can't you see the depth in [insert genre here] music?

and also, why do you spell it "musik", it looks really dumb

Well i cant see a depth in this, slthough im really trying to. Its like everyone shall have his own gods you know, but id like to understand them all. I cant understand this type of musiC. When i listen to Still life and then to this emo i cant see any depth in this. Its like empty.. i just dont know
PS: sorry about the spelling: try writing in german, ill correct you!

"cause porcupine tree made dis really satirical song called the soundz of muzk and omgz. now everybody haz 2 say muzak."

:Spin:

Nu vs. Underground(IMO):

I listen to the radio a fair amount in the morning, Phoenix has one of the better hard rock stations I've heard...but now it's mostly nu stuff. So I will compare Linkin Park, Nickelback, Lost Prophets, Hoobastank, 3 Days Grace, Seether, and so on to the underground metal that I like(which is far less than most here I admit). I've heard all these bands hits, and some full albums...so I don't immediately dismiss them without knowledge of their sound/style. And there are some bands in the mainstream arena that I do like, although I may not buy much from them...Tool, SoaD, Megadeth...etc.

But the basic nu/mainstream stuff that's out there is very boring and as the original poster says, not deep. It frankly all sounds the same...even bands that I originally liked to a degree like say Godsmack and Disturbed have regurgitated the same song over and over. So IMO they don't begin to approach the creativity, originality and talent of bands such as Opeth, PT, Woods of Ypres, Fates Warning, etc...

The problem with trying to get other people to like the music we do is that they many times are not "music people". They like catchy 3 minute songs that they've heard a million times so they can sing along, that don't take any effort to understand. Try and get someone like that to listen to a 16 minute song and they can't even comprehend...too much work. People who like progressive music(whether mellow or melodeath) are willing to take the time to hear everything going on, hear the subtle parts, understand the stories and so on.

Then you have Slayer and some of the classic metal greats and some may not want to try anything "old" great or not. As far as metalcore, I'm not a big fan really...I do like a few Slipknot songs, but not the entire albums that I've heard. Some of the others I've heard like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall don't do it for me because the vocals are far to repetetive making all the songs sound the same. Overall metalcore seems to suffer from that for me...so I don't understand the popularity and the fact that someone who likes that wouldn't give other metal styles a better chance. Must go back to the prior analysis for them too.

I've tried to turn many onto the prog bands I like, a few took to it...but only because they were prog fans already to a degree. Most aren't really interested and it's sad...but you can't change a persons musical taste completely.

Seth

What I hate is people who claim to like brutal metal, then when I play them Opeth they say Mike's voice is too angry....!?

Oh, and people that say "music is my life", yet have no understanding of a large percentage of it, and no tolerance for even more.

racheal hunter is a "super model" (she is fuckin ugly), from New Zealand.

swimsuit.pl

if shes "fucking ugly" - you must look like jesus.

do you look like jesus?

Sanzen said:
it's not like Jesus was the hottest dude ever, you know. I mean, he had great hair. but other than that he was pretty normal looking.

But man was he ripped. Check out those abs!

<crimson> said:
:lol: at last 2 posts

jews have to fuck thru holes in blankets. that's so mean.

so I guess they can eat hotdogs.

as long as their for breakfast at IHOP. (read: pigs in a blanket)

i only put mustard on hamburgers. i don't really like ketchup, only on french fries. but I like tomatoes. i had a friend that didn't like peanuts but liked peanut butter.

Seth'Peth said:
Nu vs. Underground(IMO):
The problem with trying to get other people to like the music we do is that they many times are not "music people". They like catchy 3 minute songs that they've heard a million times so they can sing along, that don't take any effort to understand. Try and get someone like that to listen to a 16 minute song and they can't even comprehend...too much work. People who like progressive music(whether mellow or melodeath) are willing to take the time to hear everything going on, hear the subtle parts, understand the stories and so on.
Seth

Very important aspect! The relation a person has to music is the basic approach. Try to show Mozart to someone who loves hiphop. It wont work just because of his oppinion, his relation, his way of enjoing music..
:wave: