ND Newbie...Disappointed

cubed

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2010
Scotland
Morning all.

The name's Chris and in December I was lucky enough to get shit loads of iTune vouchers for christmas (that was all I got though) and one of the albums I purchased was INRI and I have to say I was disappointed :erk:. Disappointed in myself for not checking you out sooner :p.

When I had some time to myself I gave the album a spin(?). First track - good, nice and heavy. Second track - clean vox, very nice and by the third track the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end, especially at the guitar part just before and during the clean vox, that was when I knew I was onto a winner.

As it happens on one of the forums I infrequently frequent Sasha is a reviewer and I didn't even know he was in a band. So I sent him a PM and said thanks for the album.

Now I'm quite an old chap and remember the days of Paradise Lost - Gothic, Anathema - Serenades and My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans all too well but for years I've been looking some decent heavy depressing tunes. Now along with the UK's very own The Prophecy (check out 'Ashes') I have found my fix.

Well I'm now making amends and have downloaded (legally) The Novella Reservoir and The Pale Haunt Departure (oh, and your nice App) and intend to keep working my way back through the albums. I've also just ordered a T-Shirt.

Keep up the good work and if you tour Scotland I'll be there.

Sorry for the long first post.

Chris \m/(._.)\m/

Always awesome to hear someone who listens to ND for the first time and gets hooked. Happened to us all!

Now you got some real work to do, they have quite the back catalogue! I recommend you check out "The Pale Haunt Departure" next. I would say it's their masterpiece, a blend of the older doomier stuff while still heavy and aggressive.

I believe if this is the same Prophecy Paul did the album layout/artwork for Into the Light

Yes it is. Have you checked them out? Out of their 3 albums 'Ashes' is my favourite.

Anyhoo it's a new month so I had best keep my promise to myself and purchase another album.

*edit* not enough space on the pod, damn. Will have to get it later when I have a chance to delete something. But what to delete? Damn.

Yes Echoes is an amazing song, if you like Katatonia you may like Ghost Brigade, I love this band hope they tour the states at some point
http://www.last.fm/music/Ghost+Brigade
Paul is always turning me onto new stuff
:headbang:

Agreed, Echoes is an amazing song (and spookily enough as I'm sat here in the office with the ipod on shuffle Echoes has just started :erk:).

Will check out Ghost Brigade at some point even though I'm not a major fan of Katatonia, but I'm always up for checking out new bands.

Went and got Ghost Brigade - Isolation Songs when I went home for lunch and listening to it now (it fits on the ipod but To Welcome the Fade didn't) and I'm liking it, thanks for that. At least with only 2 albums I don't have too much back catalogue to wade through :)

I think I'll set up a ND, The Prophecy and Ghost Brigade mix for going to the gym this afternoon. :headbang: