Necrophagist North American tour

NeverMarty

Awaiting Mathematics
Just so you guys know:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?p=1539266#post1539266

You lucky sods in North America (Canadian shows to be announced officially as well), will get to see them headline, while we only got to see the Carving Europe's Epitaph as support. For those not familiar with them: they're the best in technical extreme metal since the likes of Death and Atheist.

"Carving North America's Epitaph 2006" Tour

w/ Cattle Decapitation, Arsis, Neuraxis, Alarum (* is without Cattle Decapitation)

4/28 - New England Metal & Hardcore Festival*
4/29 - Cleveland, OH*
4/30 - Detroit, MI @ The Modern Exchange*
5/01 - Louisville, KY @ Headliners*
5/02 - Omaha, NE @ The Rock*
5/03 - Denver, CO*
5/04 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Burt's Tiki Lounge*
5/05 - Boise, ID*
5/06 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven*
5/07 - Spokane, WA @ Fat Tuesday's*
5/08 - Portland, OR @ Rock N Roll Pizza*
5/11 - Roseville (Sacramento), CA @ The Underground
5/12 - San Francisco, CA @ The Pound
5/13 - San Bernardino, CA @ California Metalfest
5/14 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Clubhouse
5/15 - Albuquerque, NM @ The Compound
5/16 - Tulsa, OK @ The Venue
5/17 - Arlington (Dallas), TX @ Phoenix Music Complex
5/18 - San Antonio, TX @ Graham Central Station
5/19 - Houston, TX @ Java Jazz
5/20 - Baton Rouge, LA @ The Darkroom
5/21 - Jacksonville, FL @ Thee Imperial w/ Into the Moat
5/22 - Orlando (Winter Park), FL @ Island Oasis w/ Into the Moat
5/23 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL w/ Into the Moat
5/24 - Tampa, FL
5/25 - Augusta, GA @ Sector 7G
5/26 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Peppermint Beach Club
5/27 - Maryland Deathfest
5/28 - Maryland Deathfest
5/29 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's

to be continued.

i can guarantee you that the metalfest one will be a waste of money to see Necro. they'd get maybe 25, 30 minutes. this is a headlining tour, youll get an hour to an hour and and a half... and meet me :tickled:

goddammit...

they're going to san bernadino and not los angeles? I don't want to drive out there...especially if they're playing some shitty festival for 30 minutes

WHOOA NECROPAHTS SUFCK YEAH DUDH ENA DFUCKIN ARSIS THAT SHIT IS GUNNA CKICK ASS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY WHEN NO AREOTHER SHOWS ARE THAT'LL BE TIGHT

Larf03 said:
Those guys cancelled most of the smaller town venues in quebec... therefore, fuck them

As Chuck would say: support music, not rumors. Announcements were made before their agents and the local promotors had come to an actual agreement, in spite of what Blabbermouth may have said. The band itself didn't cancel anything, in spite of what people like Martin Guindon of Arsenic might have been claiming. The show in Rouyn-Noranda (June 10) has been confirmed by all involved, in the meantime:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=108459

NeverMarty said:
As Chuck would say: support music, not rumors. Announcements were made before their agents and the local promotors had come to an actual agreement, in spite of what Blabbermouth may have said. The band itself didn't cancel anything, in spite of what people like Martin Guindon of Arsenic might have been claiming. The show in Rouyn-Noranda (June 10) has been confirmed by all involved, in the meantime:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=108459
I don't know who you are but you obviously know your stuff. All I know is that friends of mine were working pretty hard to make that show happen and now it won't. The letter they got was a nice politically correct slap in the face to our Area. As far as I am concerned, I'm gonna catch the show in quebec city, do my work, and go home an happy puppy. But I know that kids in some places were dying to see those bands live. They never get shit. We were lucky enough to have the Vader-Suffocation-Cryptopsy. And that's just the show that makes the kid come out of the gutter. The big thing in Saguenay is brutal / technical stuff. Necrophagist are playing Rouyn but won't play Saguenay... That's hard to understand really.... Rouyn is a much more expensive place to get to than Saguenay and the demographics are about half of what saguenay's is...

Anyways, not my problem really... Just feel sorry for the kids in my hometown

Larf03 said:
...Duh, They get paid anyways so how is money involved?

Not necessarily: see Exodus and Nevermore in Boise, for instance. Aside from that, local promotors often announce shows that have not even been agreed with the band's agents (I can't even count the number of times that happened to me/us while I lived in Seattle, but at least three of them involved Death, and the band had no knowledge whatsoever of any sort of announcement of shows for Seattle at the time). In short: wait until the Necrodates for Canada, which will follow the US tour, are announced, and check the band's site for the official ones: http://www.necrophagist.de/.

The US dates are there, the Canadian ones will follow soon. And since this is the thing that irks me most: don't condemn a band over something they might have nothing to do with. The rumors spread can do a lot of unjustified damage which can't be undone by mere apologies from the ones who started them in the first place, and certainly in this case that would be highly undeserved for the band itself and may cheat the fans out of future shows in an area altogether. In the meantime, a few shot of mine from their show in Haarlem, Holland:

rocky1.jpg

rocky2.jpg

I gotta say that I saw them recently (w Nightrage, B.Thrower and Malevolent Creation) and they were really good. it's another thing that I normally don't like what they play. live they are amazing, so whoever can should go.