need a new pda/cell phone

Mine is handy at work. Otherwise, it's overkill.
Don't buy one unless you need it.

My smartphone is provided by work. Prior to that, I had a smartphone I purchased on my own dime, but I did not have data. I wouldn't pay $60+ just for the privilege of data I also have no interest in being locked into a 2/3 year plan. These days, places usually offer at least one low end/older smart phone that you can purchase without a data plan, and every once and a while you can outright buy certain smartphones without a contract. Most plans without data are still expensive here though. There's a provider called Wind that has promotions about twice a year that is good for people in the downtown core or close to main streets, but otherwise their coverage is shit.

I got one of those Droid Maxx things and it is pretty cool.

I use it for maps while driving and texting while texting.

The other 3% of my time spent on said thing is for phone.

IMG_20141202_210711005_zps47a9fbe2.jpg

Of course, some technology was perfected decades ago. No cell reception out in the wilderness! Good.

Does your Droid Maxx have the Kevlar back on it? The Moto series does not, but I'm impressed with how sturdy this phone is. Doesn't have a lot of crapware in it, either. If I were in the market for a more expensive phone, I might get the new Moto X with a wooden back, ebony to be exact. Looks pretty slick. Also, real maps ftw. When I do use Google Maps, I still print off the map and the directions if possible. I hate scrolling through a screen to look at a map. :bah:

Yah, Kevlar Butt and Gorilla Face, or whatever their thing is. I had the first Razr thingy with that stuff as well, it held up very nicely. Of course, the phone's inner workings took a shit eventually, but many drops, chucks, falls, spills, and thrills later, the phone itself remained solid!

I still don't know why I don't like iPhones. The wife and I have/use/love our iMacs, iPad, iPods, Macbook Pro, and Macbook Air, but we both prefer Droid phones. Even if I did put one of those white Mac stickers on the back of my old Droid, because I found humoUr in such an act.

It's intentional to remain "current" and reflective of the current NA culture of "reality" tv.

holy fuckin shit $2000 for the newest iphone? what does it do that my three year old android smarty phone doesnt do? you could build the sickest desktop compuer for that much. custom geetar/bass. how many boutique effects pedals could you buy with that. green amps, atlas cabs. a 50" plasma for every wall of the living room. 2k for a fucking phone, i dont get it.

invisgf2-thumb-525x516.jpg

App that allows you to fake a relationship launches – just in time for Valentine’s Day

The faux BF and GF could soon be at your fingertips – if they think you’ve got what it takes to fake it, that is. I mean afterall, if you're the target demo for this app, and you at one time had the real thing, she certainly must've been "faking it" as well.

The Invisible Boyfriend and The Invisible Girlfriend allow you to ‘finally’ create a partner ‘your family can believe in.’ You just have to Beau-Lieve! Because of course, the only thing worse than being single and too timid to mingle is having to field questions about the status of your love life.

The app’s website promises: ‘Invisible Boyfriend gives you real-world and social proof that you’re in a relationship – even if you’re not – so you can get back to living life on your own terms.’
For a flat fee of $24.99 (£16.50) you can customise your virtual guy (sausage lovers) or girl by choosing a name, age and picture and even get help coming up with a story about how you met.
And to really help you pull the wool over the eyes of your nearest and dearest, you’ll receive 100 texts/ 3 Sexts – in real time, no less – 10 voicemails and even a handwritten note. How romantic.

They’ve even thought of your social media presence as you can generate selfies of you and your faux significant other together.
You can also give back by submitting your own photo in order for someone else to choose you as their faux girlfriend or boyfriend.
Though the service will set you back less than an actual date with a real-life gal, there is the small issue of when your family and friends want to meet the new love of your life…
But if you’re really keen to put off pursuing the course of true love, then you can sign up to trial the app.
Just be sure to avoid running into your fake BF in real life – imagine how awkward it would be, it might even be like, err, a date.

KTXDpz.png

Just had an absurdly bad experience trying to get the wife a cell phone at Best Buy. Too lazy to go into details but needless to say we walked down the street to the AT+T store

Never going to Best Buy again

I got my very first cell phone at Best Buy. It was a good experience, but that was in 2002. I'm curious to know what they did to turn you away.

I'm ready to retire my smartphone. Three months of swiping and tapping and not being able to fit the thing into my pocket...I'm highly annoyed with it.

Lol @ 2002
Lol @ Samsung Note 3....might as well carry around an iPad

The experience at Best Buy was just one of utter unproffesionalism and incompetence. Nothing very interesting - wife had to ask chick where her BB uniform was and chick had it under a hoodie. She kept asking a coworker who was working with other costumers basic information like oh how much the phone cost. At one point I thought she was looking up information on her phone but at closer inspection she was texting a friend - in the middle of a financial transaction. Bunch of other small stuff....adjusting her weave, wiping her nose, asking a coworker what they wuz Doin on Valentine's day. The final straw was at the end wife said, "so...do you need to know my current number so I can transfer it?" To which chick replied, "oh no. You have to go to the AT+T store for that. Now I gots to delete this whole transaction" hahaha we just got up and left

Last time I went to Best Buy to pick up something I ordered online. When I went to pick it up it was the wrong item. Close! But not exactly what I ordered. Chick actually gave me attitude like it was my fault. Said she wuz gonna have to delete da whole thang

Previous time I picked up a laptop....with a shattered screen. Chick asked me if I did it.

Another time I wanted some speakers with a particular stand. Dude left. Came back a few minutes later and was like "we got the stands". So I said "HOW ABOUT THE SPEAKERS THAT SIT ON TOP OF THE STAND THAT ACTUALLY PROJECT THE SOUND WAVES INTO THE SURROUNDING ATMOSPHERE?"
He left again and didn't return. Literally. I had to ask an associate moron who looked it up on a computer.