need advice on drum replacement ( drumagog aptrigga)

t-rave

Dec 11, 2002
Michigan
www.ratchetjaw.com
I am trying to use some samples and drumagog on a new project I am working on...I am having a hard time getting the drumagog to trigger strong on triplets, etc. I have adjusted the sensitivity , etc. Maybe my "demo" copy of the gog is crippled? Also is APtrigga pretty fast on triggering? I will buy it right away if it gives good results...

any other tips on getting good , solid sound replacemt with Nuendo...maybe convert audio to midi and go from there?

all my drum are on seperat tracks and I even messed with boosting the signal and gating out bleed over..it still doesnt seem responsive to me.

any help would be appreciated

If they're fast triplets you'll need to adjust the resolution control which is next to the sensitivity control. You also might not have a well defined enough "trigger point," so you might have to do some aggressive gating which is what I'll do for fast tom/snare rolls.

Lopes said:
If they're fast triplets you'll need to adjust the resolution control which is next to the sensitivity control. You also might not have a well defined enough "trigger point," so you might have to do some aggressive gating which is what I'll do for fast tom/snare rolls.

are you using APtrigga?

also it may be kind of time consuming, but if you started another session file and separately imported your raw drum tracks in, you could 'gog each of the tracks in Advanced Trigger Mode which has an automatically adjusting resolution. It does have a 50ms latency (but it is the most accurate), which is why I suggest you print those tracks before loading them into the session, and then realigning them. But, I just reread your post and saw you have the demo, so most of what I said might not even matter.

t-rave said:
I am trying to use some samples and drumagog on a new project I am working on...I am having a hard time getting the drumagog to trigger strong on triplets, etc. I have adjusted the sensitivity , etc. Maybe my "demo" copy of the gog is crippled? Also is APtrigga pretty fast on triggering? I will buy it right away if it gives good results...

any other tips on getting good , solid sound replacemt with Nuendo...maybe convert audio to midi and go from there?

all my drum are on seperat tracks and I even messed with boosting the signal and gating out bleed over..it still doesnt seem responsive to me.

any help would be appreciated

I use aptrigga. I assume your problem is the same as mine, where you have to choose between sensitivity and hold. Turn the nob to the left and you get too many triggered hits; turn it to the right and some hits are missing. Usually on a song I'll run into that problem during a couple fills, just here and there. It's pretty easy to get around as long as it's not the whole song you're dealing with. Just go into your trigger track and chop the hits up by hand. It doesn't take long. Make sure that the very beginning of each hit is still in tact. that's all aptrigga needs to do the work.

In other words if you are having problems with the triggers on a triplet, then you probably should zoom in and clean out any noise in between the initial peaks of the three hits. So if you're looking at the wav file, instead of seeing 3 fuzzy mountain tops:
IMINI
cut them out to look more like three poles:
I I I

hth

Genius Gone Insane said:
I use aptrigga. I assume your problem is the same as mine, where you have to choose between sensitivity and hold. Turn the nob to the left and you get too many triggered hits; turn it to the right and some hits are missing. Usually on a song I'll run into that problem during a couple fills, just here and there. It's pretty easy to get around as long as it's not the whole song you're dealing with. Just go into your trigger track and chop the hits up by hand. It doesn't take long. Make sure that the very beginning of each hit is still in tact. that's all aptrigga needs to do the work.

In other words if you are having problems with the triggers on a triplet, then you probably should zoom in and clean out any noise in between the initial peaks of the three hits. So if you're looking at the wav file, instead of seeing 3 fuzzy mountain tops:
IMINI
cut them out to look more like three poles:
I I I

hth

got it! I think I'll be in good shape..I plan on cloning my tracks to use for the replacement anyways!