Need help with guitar effects

Misanthrope

Latin, NOT Mexican.
Oct 11, 2001
My House.
www.i-mockery.com
well xmas is here and i managed to put togheter 150 american bucks from my family and my parents. I want to get a multieffects processor for guitar, preferably with harmonizer effects ( i need mayor and minor 3rd interval, fifth ( maybe diminished and aumented but not that crucial ) intervals, 7th intervals ( both mayor and minor ) and 9ths interval ( Mayor 9th only ).

That and nice dist and noise reduction are the biggest selling points, anyone has good recomendations? ( considering my TOP budget is 160 dollars ).

I've got a Zoom 505 II pedal, and I like it :)

it hasn't got a harmonizer effect, but it can do pretty much.... I think it costs about 100$. It can save 36 patches and it's pretty editable (with nice reverb, dist, delays, flangers and whatnot). You can also buy a effect-controller to it, to get better wah's.... the standard one is based on input power. But if you're not using wah's then you probably won't bee needing one....try one out in a store....

i just saw a zoom 606 and it has build in expression pedal and pretty primitive pitch effects( aka harmonizer ) it does -+ 8th -+ 2 8ths ( nice to tune to auto tune down to those damn inflames tunnings ) and -+ 5th. Is missing the 3rds the 7ths and the 9ths but i can get the other guitar player to complete those harmonies ( or even the bass player to do 4 notes jazz harmony )

Im going to the digitech page now. Then ill check the dod and the boss ones.

Now there is this DOD model im not shure what model but is one of the biggest ( it has like 6/6 foot switches and the expression pedal ) and a second ( well maybe third it does look a little old ) hand sells for about 150 dollars in the flea market. Now if its working its a pretty damn good deal but well im not too fond in buying it at the flea market i mean the guy will exchange it if is not working or breaks in 1 to 3 weeks but if i go 1 or 2 months later with a broken pedal asking for refound chances are he aint gonna stand behind it anymore. I got my second hand guitar there and it seems in more than perfect shape but well a guitar is something that is more verifiable so its a different deal. Besides i do not need such range of effects if i could get the basics i mentioned i dont know...

might want to try out the zoom harmonizer in the 505 II before you buy it...it lets you control how much you want to mix the signals between the normal and octaved pitch (at least in the gfx 707 which I have) but if you do want to use it to tune down your guitar the distortion tends to sound different....it might just be me,but better try it out first to hear what I mean :)

ok..I checked the manual on the Zoom 505 II

the pitch shift has the following pitchs:

octave down
perfect fifth down
perfect fourth up
octave up
perfect fourth up&down
octave up&down

it has NR, I noticed....and amp simulators

That is not enough pitch options
the digitech rp200 has any pitch you want from -12 semitones to +24 semitones...thats amazing:D

I hope i can find a nice place to buy it retails between 140 to 180 bucks

I had a gfx 707 for some time before buying a boss metal zone..
Zoom is really great for those sound effects but the distortion doesn't impress me...when we recorded(solitude) i tried lots of pedals and stuff and the 707 had a very strange dist(van halen) sound..anyway.the new zoom models are surely better...

take care!

if you want something with an expression pedal than i'm afraid there's not much you can get for 160 bucks

if you're willing to save up for a little while i definetly reccomend the digitech rp 200....it's about 200-250 US dollars (i think) it has loads of effects including whammy, yaya, synthtalk (all trademark digitech effects)...it has somethin like 20 drum tracks for practicing...good set of amp simulators...overall and excellent pedal

ive seen it for as little as 150 american dollars the list price is 199 so i doubt is 250...and that is what im getting, that or the rp100 ( i do not need the expression pedal im not too fond in wah so i guess it wouldnt matter if i get the rp100 exept i have to buy the ac adaptader )

GET THE RP200!!!!

the expression pedal does more than control the wah...it can control any effect you want it to....volume, gain, reverb, chorus, delay, flanger, phaser etc. it can be programmed to be assigned to any effect..trust me, it's really worth having....also the rp 200 has 80 slots, which is more than the rp100

i think is the same
hehe yea using some processing and the expresion pedal as volume pedal you can get a violin thing going on, so i no longer need a damn 300 violin HA!....hehehe

BTW really? i thought they had the same amount of presents 40user and 40 factory....weird

im also in the need of a good distorsion pedal, and maybe a delay too and a noise gate so buying each thing individually might sound better, but im an entry level player who was to leech his parents so a multieffects seems more covenient