Need Melancholic/Sad Metal Recomandations

Check out Classica by Novembre. Nothing real groundbreaking, but if you like the afore mentioned bands I think you'll like this.

... so are we just looking for simply dark and doomy bands here, or the bands you really need to keep you from offing yourself? Because Novembre, Sentenced, and especially Nevermore don't strike me as all that sad or depressing...that Cathedral album kept me from killing myself back in 93 or so, so I'm not talking music that you listen to to enjoy when I talk about 'sad and depressing'... :)

yes,candlemass can create a gloomy atmosphere...

also try some In the woods... (the late works,they aren't very very dark,but they have a unique and at some parts sad atmosphere),green Carnation and Dolorian...

EverEve

check the first 2 albums "seasons" and "stormbirds" if you like the more gothic elements, if you like to listen to more samples going into the ebm-scene (not really, but it tends), check the newer releases.

theatre of tragedy (but i think you know them already)

old tristania

me....i personlly love melanocholic/sad metal (doom metal). But here are a few groups that i love, Lacrimas Profundere, Estatic Fear, and Novembers Doom. Well thats all i can remember right now but if i remember any other group ill let u know.

Two masterpieces are missing:
Bethlehem-S.U.I.Z.I.D

Vinterland-Welcome My last Chapter

These two are definitely the most anguished and melancholic sounds I've ever heard from a recording. Almost disturbing actually.....