Do you know Saturnus or the Loveless?

Allan

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2003
Copenhagen
Visit site
I'm wondering whether any of you know of Saturnus or the Loveless, they claim to have been the nucleus of Saturnus. They list Anathema as their favourite band and I really love their melancholic music. It would be interesting to hear Anathema fans and especially Anathema band members thoughts on their music.

Strangelight said:
Saturnus played with us in Copenhagen once and I thought they were pretty good like

Us meaning Antimatter or Anathema? And when? I sure hate having missed that regardless, should have joined the internet sooner. I think you would enjoy a closer listen too, but I'm certain you would laugh your ass off at some of their lyrics, they do have their moments though.

Paradise Belongs to You is one of the best doom metal songs EVER, period. And I have that album of The Loveless, but I like Saturnus way better, The Loveless is a bit too cheesy, but good for a listen now and then anyway.

I love "Martyre" as well, maybe a bit more than "Star Rover", but as for it being cheesy, I must disagree. Some people seem to find all non-growl emotional music cheesy. As for the lyrics: "Can't you see, I will be your pain, I will only bring you tears, it's all I ever will. Can't you see all my dreams are all worn out...". Those lyrics are a lot of things, but cheesy?

Saturnus are a great band, "Martyre" is a personal fav of mine and the new song "Murkey Waters" actually sounds really good (the only downside is that there is no progression from the Martyre album) The Loveless "Star Rover" has some very shining moments but also a few boring ones, the atmosphere on that rules though. I just hope both bands continue to make great music

I think Martyr is the 'worst' Saturnus album so far... ( the upcoming one will probably suck) I like 'Paradise belongs to You' and 'For the Loveless Lonely Nights' much more... Saturnus was a great band, they shouldn't quit and form two crappy bands... :cry:

Ow, 'Noir' is one of the best songs ever.

Nina said:
I think Martyr is the 'worst' Saturnus album so far... ( the upcoming one will probably suck) I like 'Paradise belongs to You' and 'For the Loveless Lonely Nights' much more... Saturnus was a great band, they shouldn't quit and form two crappy bands... :cry:

Ow, 'Noir' is one of the best songs ever.

You must have seen this coming, "Martyre" is bad, but "Noir" is one of the best songs ever?

Strangelight said:
Sometime before 1998 and after 1995. It was a scruffy kind of venue and had bunk-beds in the backstage.

Ahh, you allready answered it. I discovered Anathema in 97, so I'm excused 66%, damn that must sound foreign. I'm guessing Pumpehuset or Den Grå Hal- Christania. Thank you by the way.

Strangelight said:
I think we were in Christiana. Is that where the fair is?

The fair? Then it must've been "den grå hal", none of that funny stuff, hey?. That's a mere 10 minute walk from where I've lived my whole life, except a couple of years abroad. How's that for irony? Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember walking into the fair and someone shouted us over and it was James Murphy, weird like. I dont remember him going on the scary rides though!
There were loads of girls there, with bums like