Need Melodic Death Metal with high emphasis on Melody

Barren Earth. They'll have a debut album out in March, The Curse of the Red River. So far they've released an EP called Our Twilight.

Melodic death metal with a high emphasis of melody?
Gonna be a hard one bro, considering the whole genre is based around being the most melodic death metal genre around:lol::lol:

Opeth
In Flames (early)
Dark Tranquility (early)
Soilwork
Callenish Circle
Arch Enemy (early)
Anterior
Omnium Gatherum
At The Gates
Insomnium
Throne Of Chaos (album - Pervertigo)

Opeth
In Flames (early)
Dark Tranquility (early)
Soilwork
Callenish Circle
Arch Enemy (early)
Anterior
Omnium Gatherum
At The Gates
Insomnium
Throne Of Chaos (album - Pervertigo)

• Opeth isn't melodic death (well they are technically, but not defined as so), but they are just about my favourite band
  • Still have to extensively listen to In Flames' earlier stuff. My friend lent me Soundtrack to Your Escape a while ago and I didn't like it at all.
  • Just haven't been able to get into Dark Tranquilty for some reason.
  • Same with Soilwork.
  • Arch Enemy , as stated before are good, but not really what I am after here.
  • Ditto Callenish Circle.
  • I love The Red in The Sky is ours, only listened to the occasional ATG song outside that album.
  • Insomnium got me into this kind of Melodic Death Metal.

That leaves Omnium Gatherum, Anterior, Anata (which I all have but haven't got around to playing them) and that Throne of Chaos Album.

I foresee a new label in the subgenre of melodeath...

Finnish melodeath is the worst fucking thing ever. In fact, I can't think of any good metal that comes from Finland because I'm so enraged by their faggy keyboards. Fuck Finland. Least metal Scandinavian country, by far.