Need new pickups !

The only time I tried a 59' was the one that was factory installed in my washburn us dimebag, and i always loved the sound of this pickup.
The dime was made of mahogany and maple top just like my les paul, but because of shape it might not sound the same. I already like the neck pickup on my les paul so...

I AM GOING WITH THE DUNCAN CUSTOM.

(and if i don't like the sound be ready for a million new threads about like "what are impulses, side chaining, DAW, metronome..." lol J/K)

thanks

The only time I tried a 59' was the one that was factory installed in my washburn us dimebag, and i always loved the sound of this pickup.
The dime was made of mahogany and maple top just like my les paul, but because of shape it might not sound the same. I already like the neck pickup on my les paul so...

I AM GOING WITH THE DUNCAN CUSTOM.

(and if i don't like the sound be ready for a million new threads about like "what are impulses, side chaining, DAW, metronome..." lol J/K)

thanks

If you liked the '59, I think you'll be very pleased with Custom. Think of it as a louder, slightly warmer, more exaggerated '59.

I had the custom in a guitar...It is a great alternative to the JB and a Duncan Distortion..It has the fullness of a JB and the tite precise attack of the Distortion but it still cleans up when you roll your volume..the Duncan distortion is great but kills a clean channel..the custom doesn't but offers a similar feel and good with the heavy stuff...it's no surprise LOG would use this pickup...

anyone ever try the Screamin Demon?. I am looking for a medium output responsive rock pickup

I'm surprised no one has mention bill lawrences. I have and L-500xl and and L-500 in one of my guitars and i think they sound awesome. Cheap as well. They were $50 (US) a piece when i bought them, and they're hand wound. Dimebag used to use them before the dimebuckers came out. Make sure you order them directly from Bill Lawrence though (www.billlawrence.com). There's apparently been some 'fake' ones that have been going around.

It's also always nice to support a small family run business that makes quality products.