Need Opinions on this Metal Mix !!

I a few very minor timing issues, but the mix sound pretty sweet dude. A little dry maybe, but I think it fits this song. I think the solo should come down a db or two.

change some of the velocity hits on the ride at times, they sound really fake
if your drummer really played it like that, tell him to put some dynamics into it

i think the background guitar that comes in at 43 seconds needs to be a little bit louder. when i do center panned guitars, i usually put a reverb on it, track insert, and make sure that its a stereo track so even though the audio is mono, the mono signal will go into the reverb, but out of the reverb will be stereo audio. if its a cool reverb plugin, it will make the mono guitar wider and spread it out over the stereo spectrum. do that, and turn it up a bit.

your hi hat sounds like its coming from the middle, it should be more on the left, but im being really really picky here... if you used dfkhs, make sure that stereo reverse is on before exporting the track

is there a bass in this recording? i can't hear it very well...

I don't think the drums sound bad velocity-wise. The drum-playing is as good as any current metal album - if the ride was varying in velocity someone would say "compress the ride more!" :)

There are some timing issues every now and then (often in some guitarlicks or fills) that need to be fixed. I agree a bit on the bass remark joey made, although in this style of music the bass is often very buried, so it is all a matter of taste.

Very good riffs and lead!

Cool stuff,

Some of it has already been mentioned, but here's my comments anyway:

- the background stuff around 40-50 secs is too vague, needs more vol.
- the solo is too loud, but actually its too vague at some points, which tells it needs more compression
- the guitars are very hard panned which can get annoying if you're not sitting fairly centered btwn the speakers
- the overall compression (mastering) seems a bit too squashed: RMS of ~-7dB! Give it a little more headroom (you did specify 'MIX' so dunno if this is of any relevance)

/Michael

ride sounds way better, dont touch it

some of the guitars are a little off but i think you already know that

bring that back ground thing up some more

turn the hi hat down!!!!!!!!!! ouch

i think the bass is rockin now, dont change it (its got that mean growl)

the solo fits a lot better now, what did you do to it

guitars sound great! djjjjent. Drums sound kind of boring though.. not punchy enough for my taste..

my only complaint would be there is some crazy shit happenin' in the sub-bass region on the bass gtr. i'd like to hear more of it's grind, as now I can't really hear it but only really 'feel it'. I think maybe sending it to a high and low filtered distortion slightly might help here..

damn, sounds good to me. really good guitar sounds, drums kicked pretty hard.

timing was the only issue i had. particularly at the beginning it just sounded like the guitars would get ahead of the drums just a tad. other than that..:headbang: