Need Some Nevermore Recommendations

DaemonPainter

( pretends he's swedish)
Oct 7, 2008
Hell, where else?
I'm pretty new to Nevermore - I really only know like 3 songs and can name only 1 "The River Dragon Had Come". Any specific albums I should start with and need to know songs?

I hope you all are paying attention, because I'm about to make a serious, on-topic response.

Though Dreaming Neon Black and Politics of Ecstasy are probably the most popular albums in this forum, Dead Heart in a Dead World is commonly lauded as the best place to start.

I usually recommend In Memory to newbies, Nevermore's second studio album, misleadingly called an EP. I do that cause after the first rather noisy song come four surprisingly mellow, melodic songs. The fifth and last track on the album is The Sorrowed Man, one of my fave NM pieces - so beauuuuutiful :saint:

And get into the lyrics of that song.

Another reason why I recom IM as a starter is that it's an easy one to miss once one is into the heavy, complex NM stuff.

Else I would recom Neon as one of the more accessible NM albums, but by no means a lesser album. There are lots of great hooks on Neon.

NM are one of the most difficult bands to get into, DP. My initiation started with a friend of mine recommending Endeavor to me, whereupon I acquired it. Over a year I made several gos at it, but only after listening to and gradually enjoying Warrel's War Machine was I prepared for Endeavor.

So be patient, and you will be rewarded abundantly :headbang:

Nicky.

I usually recommend In Memory to newbies, Nevermore's second studio album, misleadingly called an EP. I do that cause after the first rather noisy song come four surprisingly mellow, melodic songs. The fifth and last track on the album is The Sorrowed Man, one of my fave NM pieces - so beauuuuutiful :saint:

And get into the lyrics of that song.

Another reason why I recom IM as a starter is that it's an easy one to miss once one is into the heavy, complex NM stuff.

Else I would recom Neon as one of the more accessible NM albums, but by no means a lesser album. There are lots of great hooks on Neon.

NM are one of the most difficult bands to get into, DP. My initiation started with a friend of mine recommending Endeavor to me, whereupon I acquired it. Over a year I made several gos at it, but only after listening to and gradually enjoying Warrel's War Machine was I prepared for Endeavor.

So be patient, and you will be rewarded abundantly :headbang:

Nicky.

Huh?

238060336_d7d16e2df0.jpg

I wish i could just, reach in the screen and grab that huge chili covered weiner. Looks soooooooo good.

is now hungry

Mach: Ill let you slide cause its sonic and you got a pic of the chick from G4TV