Need Some Nevermore Recommendations

In memory is awesome! Matricide is my favorite from that one. I'm having a hard time deciding what to recommend though. It's all good, get it all!!! It also puzzles me when people say "It was hard to get into at first". It's just great music, no need to complicate it.

It also puzzles me when people say "It was hard to get into at first". It's just great music, no need to complicate it.

Morganna, it's my experience that Nevermore counfounds people at first. I don't know anyone who was enthused first time.

As for myself, although I was an experienced metalhead with passions for DT, Opeth and the ilk, NM simply were too noisy for me initially. I couldnt hear the enormous intelligence that goes into their music. I couldnt distinguish them from The Haunted and all the other restricted Cryptopsy-Carcass-Vomit groups.

Well, all that's changed. NM now rule uncontested :headbang:

Nicky.

Zombie dog?
341573XDFC_w.jpg

Morganna, it's my experience that Nevermore counfounds people at first. I don't know anyone who was enthused first time.

As for myself, although I was an experienced metalhead with passions for DT, Opeth and the ilk, NM simply were too noisy for me initially. I couldnt hear the enormous intelligence that goes into their music. I couldnt distinguish them from The Haunted and all the other restricted Cryptopsy-Carcass-Vomit groups.

Nicky.

Who's Vomit?

Nicky.

Maybe it's just me, because I was already enthused with Sanctuary, before they came to be! :loco: I still can't wrap my brain around your ideas, Nicky. If I come across something that strikes my fancy I say "this is awesome!" If I come across something I don't like, I say "meh" And I'm on my way to look for more awesome. I don't find it complicated.

Nevermore is the only band where I can listen to an entire album, without hitting the skip button on my mp3 player.