Need urgent help with this metalcore mixing!

Septurae

New Metal Member
Jul 21, 2014
Hello UM,

So I was working on this Linkin Park - Crawling metalcore remix/cover and would like some feedback on my current mix. I dont like the way my guitar sounds. I want them to sound like either Thy Art Is Murder, Whitechapel or any other similar band with similar sound (I know they scoop dem mids alot so thats what I gently did aswell).

Here it is:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/septuramusic/linkin-park-metalcore-remix-wip/s-UgcjE[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Thanks so much in advance :)

This should be in Practice Room not here.

But regarding the mix. Back down on the gain on the guitars. Also the distortion has that specific metalzone-esque quality to it which is probably holding you back from sounding like the examples you posted.

This should be in Practice Room not here.

But regarding the mix. Back down on the gain on the guitars. Also the distortion has that specific metalzone-esque quality to it which is probably holding you back from sounding like the examples you posted.

Thanks for your reply,

Im sorry I posted in the wrong subforum.
Can you give me some more detail on the metalzone-eque quality? No idea what you mean by that. But I guess you're right. Because it has this weird tone on it, I probably did something wrong with the impulse settings. I've added the EVH 5150 with a g12k cab impulse.

If someone please could add me on Skype or something and guide me the way to do it. Skype: septurae

Thanks!

Your guitars have tons of fizz, tons of gain, and are really, really harsh.

The above poster is referencing the Boss Metalzone pedal...a distortion pedal notorious for sounding like a can of bees (aka bad). Also remember that a good metalcore guitar tone is always rooted in the bass guitar and the punch of the drums...the instruments must work together.

Get your heaviness from your pick attack, back off the gain a lot. Also if you aren't low passing your guitars please do, and sweep with an EQ in the 6-9k range to filter out the fizz...

Your guitars have tons of fizz, tons of gain, and are really, really harsh.

The above poster is referencing the Boss Metalzone pedal...a distortion pedal notorious for sounding like a can of bees (aka bad). Also remember that a good metalcore guitar tone is always rooted in the bass guitar and the punch of the drums...the instruments must work together.

Get your heaviness from your pick attack, back off the gain a lot. Also if you aren't low passing your guitars please do, and sweep with an EQ in the 6-9k range to filter out the fizz...

Gotcha, thank you so much for the tips, harsh has been removed