Need your opinion

affinityband said:
I think an Opeth album would definatley be a wise choice. If you give it a chance. Id go with Still life. Its usually quite cheap over in England, dunno about anywhere else. Plus you could wait a lil while for the new kata album.

opeth is boring.........i think youre choice is definitely the quiet offspring.....nonetheless my fav green carnation album.

Unicorn said:
Yeah, it's ok that you don't like it, we just want to understand what are the reasons for it.
LFDGD is just terrible. i used to really like it when it came out, but in subsequent years i've grown to pretty much hate it, and it's strange because i absolutely LOVE EVERY other katatonia album.

i don't know, it's something about the lack of EVERYTHING in terms of atmosphere and feeling that katatonia used to stand for, coupled with some awful pop-like songwriting and really bad riffs ("we must bury you", "sweet nurse", "clean today") that completely destroys the album for me. almost no good riffs, too polished, no feeling. no metal either, and i prefer katatonia as a metal band. the only songs i can stand are "tonight's music" and SOMETIMES "dispossession" and/or "teargas" but seriously it was years since i could listen to more than 1 song from this album before turning it off in anger. blah. fuck off. "viva emptiness" was a huge fucking improvement so don't think i just like bashing newer katatonia because that's not the case.

Illnath said:
Which country do u live in?

Rapture- The Silent Stage is very good
Bah, it's not even a country, I live in Cyprus, a small island, near Israel, Egypt, Turkey and Greece. A little dot in the middle of all theese countries. I really hate living here. There are no live gigs and not even a good radio station. Everything sucks here. And the store where I'm bying cds is one of a kind. I don't think that there's any other store here that sells good metal albums. Every other store sells pop shits and a few rock and metal albums that most of them don't worth even a penny. Plus, cds here are very expensive, most of them are about 20 euros or more. Anyway, Thanks for the help, I hope that I will pick up a good one.

if you don't have Opeth's 'My Arms Your Hearse' then get it immediately. it's clearly their best release. 'This Godless Endeavor' is a good choice aswell.
of course you can do nothing wrong with Katatonias back catalogue. 'Brave Murder Day', 'Viva Emptiness' and 'Discouraged Ones' are the best ones...

Erik said:
i'm afraid all of those albums are terrible beyond belief

any katatonia album will be better, but stay away from LFDGD

Note that Eriks taste is what most people describe as "true". Therefore what he thinks of Nevermore or Mastodon may not be considered anywhere near a good prediction of your future experience of those cds.

If I had to choose one album to buy, it would definately be Opeth. My favourite is Blackwater Park but all are brilliant!
Katatonia's Brave Murder Day is also a great album!

L0bster said:
Note that Eriks taste is what most people describe as "good". Therefore what he thinks of Nevermore or Mastodon may not be considered anywhere near a good prediction of your future experience of those cds.
fixed your post

Tone-Deaf said:
Bah, it's not even a country, I live in Cyprus, a small island, near Israel, Egypt, Turkey and Greece. A little dot in the middle of all theese countries. I really hate living here. There are no live gigs and not even a good radio station. Everything sucks here. And the store where I'm bying cds is one of a kind. I don't think that there's any other store here that sells good metal albums. Every other store sells pop shits and a few rock and metal albums that most of them don't worth even a penny. Plus, cds here are very expensive, most of them are about 20 euros or more. Anyway, Thanks for the help, I hope that I will pick up a good one.

christ.....get a credit or debit card and hit up ebay.....lots of fairly cheap CDs there....unless your looking for rare stuff....but then its often the only place to find it....I havnt bought in a store in probably 2 years now....

Deliverance6 said:
christ.....get a credit or debit card and hit up ebay.....lots of fairly cheap CDs there....unless your looking for rare stuff....but then its often the only place to find it....I havnt bought in a store in probably 2 years now....
I wish I could get one. Well, I'm only 15, ok that's not really a problem but again somehow it is. In a few years I will probably manage to create my own paypal account, but in the meantime I hope to find something good to put in my lame cd collection.

Tone-Deaf said:

Oh my God, Cyprus! My family had a flat for 15 years there and we sold it away last year and cut off a good price of it. Nice country though. Yep, the shops I've visited there had no decent records, but I Don't know what's the situation with Nicosia or Limassol... But I thought that Cyprus is an independent country.
Well out of offtopic. If you find Callisto's True nature unfolds by any chance, buy it. It's a bit like Cult of Luna, hardcore meets doom with occasional beautiful parts of female vocals and cello.
I encourage you also for Rapture's Silent Stage, Opeth's Blackwater park and Green Carnation's The quiet offspring that were mentioned before.

Tone-Deaf said:

I know where Cypress is, I'm not an American:tickled: Are you from the Greek or the Turkish side?...U can buy a lot of cds from cdon.com they distribute to all countries in The EU-zone. also try www.grau.cd

Is was in Cypress once on holiday I really loved it there:D

Illnath said:
I know where Cypress is, I'm not an American:tickled: Are you from the Greek or the Turkish side?...U can buy a lot of cds from cdon.com they distribute to all countries in The EU-zone. also try www.grau.cd

Is was in Cypress once on holiday I really loved it there:D
I'm from the Greek side. Anyway, cool, thanks for the link, I'll check it. I think I have visited this site a long ago but I hadn't payed enough attention to notice that I could order something, even If I'm from Cyprus. You're absolutely right about the Americans, they don't give a shit about the rest of the world - at least most of them, I hope I didn't insult anyone from the States by saying that, it's nothing personal.

Tone-Deaf said:
I'm from the Greek side. Anyway, cool, thanks for the link, I'll check it. I think I have visited this site a long ago but I hadn't payed enough attention to notice that I could order something, even If I'm from Cyprus. You're absolutely right about the Americans, they don't give a shit about the rest of the world - at least most of them, I hope I didn't insult anyone from the States by saying that, it's nothing personal.

o_O I just meant that they weren't that good at geography

Illnath said:
o_O I just meant that they weren't that good at geography
Divatkreació said:
When you say "the americans" you kinda make it sound personal :D
Lol, I guess that I missunderstood what you've said. And, you're right it sounds kinda personal by saying that. I think I ought an apologise. G.Bush is an asshole and has a low IQ, but that doesn't mean that all Americans are assholes and aren't good at geography. I only hope that there isn't anyone who likes G.Bush. :D

Just bought ''Acoustic Verses'' of Green Carnation. I was actually looking for Viva Emptiness, but it was out of stock...sad. Anyway, Acoustic Verses is a great album, though. It's very good in hard times, it helps you chill out and relax. It was worth the money. I gave it only one listen and so far I would say it gets around 4/5. With only one listen and I can say that I'm already satisfied, I guess with a few more listens it will grow on me even more. This thread is over... Looking forward for the TDCD and the new Amorphis album - Eclipse.