Need your opinion

In a week or so, I'm planning to buy a new album. I buy an album only every two months. So it's important to choose a good one. The choices I have are limited as I live in a small country and I can find only a few good stuff hereIf you had to pick up an album among theese, which would it be?>>>Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Awake>>>Sigur Ros - Takk...>>>Mastodon - Leviathan>>>Nevermore - The Godless Endeavor>>>Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring (or previous, dunno If av is available)...or any of Katatonia's previous records except black sessions that I've already bought.That's all I can remember from my last visit there at christmas eve, the day i bought black sessions :D. I've read a few reviews and most of them are pretty good, so I haven't made up my mind yet.

Well, if you don´t have any Opeth record already buy Ghost Reveries or better Blackwater Park/Deliverance.
If you do then Katatonia or Sigur Ros are good chooses.

Well... I would like to buy an album that:
>never gets boring
>is addictive
>isn't from the beggining to the end very brutal and heavy
... The best cds I've ever bought is deadwing and in absentia,and maybe the latest of paradise lost(although many fans hate it). Really enjoyed every single listening. If there's something like that, let me know, but I'm not sure If it will be available at the local store near my home. Oh, and I've just remembered that I saw the latest cathedral's album

well, this godless endeavor is really a good album!
The songs are all fantastic, great guitarplaying on there (Amazing solo's!)
Plus , there are some brutal pieces of music in there
I like it a LOT , but I'm a big nevermore fan
Hmm, it's going to be difficult, because you don't like the vocals...
they haven't changed....

I think an Opeth album would definatley be a wise choice. If you give it a chance. Id go with Still life. Its usually quite cheap over in England, dunno about anywhere else. Plus you could wait a lil while for the new kata album.

Erik said:
i'm afraid all of those albums are terrible beyond belief

any katatonia album will be better, but stay away from LFDGD

Ho what, LFDGD is the best K album :eek:

Nevermore and Lamb of God are pretty meh and I haven't heard Sigur Rós or Green Carnation. Seen Mastodon live and they were decent.. but Katatonia owns all those :d

Why do people buy best of-albums before purchasing other albums from an artist. It makes holes in the different albums so to speak. Oh well..

All Katatonia albums with clean vocals can be reccomended.
It shouldn't be too difficult choosing witch one, when you have heard Black sessions. Just pick the one that has your favourites.

Tone-Deaf said:
In a week or so, I'm planning to buy a new album. I buy an album only every two months. So it's important to choose a good one. The choices I have are limited as I live in a small country and I can find only a few good stuff hereIf you had to pick up an album among theese, which would it be?>>>Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Awake>>>Sigur Ros - Takk...>>>Mastodon - Leviathan>>>Nevermore - The Godless Endeavor>>>Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring (or previous, dunno If av is available)...or any of Katatonia's previous records except black sessions that I've already bought.That's all I can remember from my last visit there at christmas eve, the day i bought black sessions :D. I've read a few reviews and most of them are pretty good, so I haven't made up my mind yet.
i would recommend old amorphis,great vocals music ,the drummer sucks though

Hmm... I guess lamb of god are out of the list as It seems that there are many other bands that worth much than them. Nevermore is out of the list too because the vocals remind me bands from the 80s, kinda operatic w/e(although ''the sound of silence'' and ''the psalm of lydia'' kick ass and I'm sure there many other good songs from them). Oh, I have also seen cathedral's latest album. But again I need something really good. And probably I will end up bying Viva emptiness or Last Fair Deal Gone Down until the new album comes out. It's very hard for me to take a decission, even when I am planning to buy something, by the time i get to the store, I might see something and buy it instead of what I was thinking.

haha yeah, I nearly fell off my chair when I read that too. LFDGD down is solid gold.

You can't go wrong picking up any of the older Katatonia albums. at least from Discouraged ones and on in my opinion. I havent heard much from pre-Jonas period, but like I said in another thread, growlings not for me.

If you don't like heavy stuff just buy Opeth's Damnation...It doesn't get any more mellow than this.
Nightingale's Invisible is a good choice too.

must have from 2005
opeth - GR
porcupine tree - deadwing
arcturus - sideshow symphonies
riverside - second life syndrome
rapture - silent stage
and u must buy all katatonia albums before buying anything else