Negura Bunget - Inarborat Kosmos THE OFFICIAL THREAD

hmm ... not sure.

but either way, if they go to the next level ... it would be on their terms I am sure.
it seems to me that the fact the two main tracks on this MCD are in English ... this is some "feeler" release.

BTW ... the review I did for 'n crugu mentioned the fact that they need to do english tracks to go forward.

these guys seem very driven to just stand still and watch the grass grow under their feet.

ok ... we had this discussion before .. I am done.

now ... the track "Uprising Follow" ... there is some extraordinary mix of folk and subtle elements of wierd, dare I say, Voivod circa Nothingface, futuristic style sounds ... I did not read the lyrics but I have a feeling this is where the title of the disc comes in.

lurch70 said:
ok ... we had this discussion before .. I am done.

now ... the track "Uprising Follow" ... there is some extraordinary mix of folk and subtle elements of wierd, dare I say, Voivod circa Nothingface, futuristic style sounds ... I did not read the lyrics but I have a feeling this is where the title of the disc comes in.

I've not heard it yet (but I hope to get it tomorrow if you got yours yesterday), but NB have always had some oddity in their time signatures and so forth. Are you saying this is even more whack yo?

it's certainly not a departure from their previous stuff ... but there are some futuristic elements to the disc.

the intro to the first track also, "worldless knowledge", there is a mix of the same as above ...

the last track "vaiet" .. which means = "wail OR groan" in Romanian ... is basically an ambient track with some horrid groans/screams as you would suspect ... and gives me a feeling of birth ... especially the end of the track ... YOU HAVE TO HEAR IT.

sounds like a deliberate closer ... as the next CD will be called OM meaning "Man" in Romanian ... you figure it out :loco:

some news from the NB site:

21.05.2005: OM album delayed - We decided to postpone the release of the new album "OM" for autumn 2005 due to delays with the composition and recording. The album will be initially released by code666 Records in a limited edition with a very special packaging, containing beside the CD with the album a full DVD, featuring a brand new clip for a track of the album, live footages from Negură Bunget gigs, a detailed media gallery, interviews, presentation, making-off, and lots of other extras... Everything will be recorded and mixed again by us in our own studio (more details about the studio soon!).

21.05.2005: OM Tour in October - Negur&#259; Bunget is preparing an European Tour right after the release of the OM album. The tour is scheduled for the second part of October, first part of November. We will bring the whole backline with us (including the drum set, guitar and bass combos), we'll have an opening band for all the dates, and we'll coordinate the promotion for the tour with the promotion of the new album. That means 1000 promo CD's sent to the media, adds in all relevant magazines, thousands posters and flyers. If you are interested in booking a date on the tour, please contact us <A href="mailto:(contact@negurabunget.com">( contact@negurabunget.com) to arrange the details.

Ive listened to it one time, but I can't see the videos because the stupid program crashes.

Edit: I got it to work by haxxing a little.

Is this the quality we can expect from the dvd? The sound is good but the filming could be a lot better.

Erik said:
No idea where you get the "futuristic sounding" stuff from, lurch...

I spoke briefly with Negru yesterday and he agreed with me on the "futuristic sounding" elements ... or maybe he is patting me on the head like a retarted kid :erk: :tickled:

But if you know Voivod ... you'll know what I mean.

The videos ... when you are on that page of the multimedia content ... it takes a little bit for them to load.

basically the whole underlying keyboard on Uprising Follow and the piece starting around 4:10 - 5:00 ... sounds like sci-fi to me.

lurch70 said:
basically the whole underlying keyboard on Uprising Follow and the piece starting around 4:10 - 5:00 ... sounds like sci-fi to me.

I can't remember a sci-fi passage but the keyboards reached a new stage of rulage :worship:

lurch70 said:
The production is up a level also ... just enough to set it apart as a new disc ... I love that about all their releases ... the way they sound so individual.

Listening to this now -- the production seems thinner to me (at least on the first track), almost as if they used an old 8-track or something. Good material though, I like the third track "uprising follow" a lot. Needs several more spins.

The second video cocked out on me. I'll try again later on.

but these guys need to go to the next level ... they are fucking supertars in the making ....

I hear they're in talks with the South Park producers. Hey if it's good enough for Enslaved...

Listening to this now -- the production seems thinner to me (at least on the first track), almost as if they used an old 8-track or something.

WTF?

I think it's the cleanest production so far ... you can hear everything in detail.

news-qtip.jpg

qtip_ok.jpg

JayKeeley said:
Hey that last gasp on "vaiet" is Uma Thurman.

hehe ... now that you mention it??? :tickled: will confirm it

I hear they're in talks with the South Park producers. Hey if it's good enough for Enslaved...

personally ... more power to them :loco:

anything/anyone already from Romania ... please make it big somehow.
let them stop asking me about fucking Dracula, Nadia Comaneci, Ceausescu and Zamfir, Master of the fucking pan flute.

We need a new breakthrough performance from my land :wave: :tickled: :loco: