Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm

J. said:
well seriously. why invest the money into it if you wont even invest the time?

Yeah, I 110% agree with that statement. I just found it hilarious as you are known to slam a band without even hearing anything from said band. :)

Buying an album and not investing time = problem.

not buying album, slamming band = acceptable
buying album, not listening, claiming it's boring = blut aus nord - TWWTG = baby poop = kayo dot

J. said:
How do know it does nothing for you if you don't even listen to the entire album? FOr all you know, you could love the rest of the album more than Nevermore? just sayin' is all
True. However, I can't listen to every single CD all the way through. A) I don't have the patience. B) Why spend time listening to something that sucks, in the hope that it will improve?

In the end, I tend to think the band is more likely to click for me, if I keep revisiting the same songs, and they have a chance to find a hook into my brain. Just the way things work for me.

Zod

No matter how awful an album might be, I always give it at least one listen in its entirety, I've only had a few cases where I did have to resist the urge to throw the CD out the window...as for revisiting albums I hated at first, I usually need some sort of impetus to do it, like a positive review that points me to what I may have missed...

Demonspell said:
No matter how awful an album might be, I always give it at least one listen in its entirety...
I do so it most cases. However, if it's a style of music that doesn't do it for me or a vocalist that I simply don't care for, it's somewhat pointless. Neurosis just bores me to tears.

Zod

Strangely, I enjoy Neurosis much less than the bands they've heavily influenced as part of this Neurosis-core movement. I own Times of Grace and EoES - like them both all right - but rarely listen to them. Oh well.

well, the bands that neurosis have influenced (isis and CoL are the main two) are more or less simply Neurosis-lite.

and thats not taking anything away from isis, because they rule. col blows

Yeah Neurosis pretty much crap all over the bands they influenced, even if some of those are god damn great like Isis.

Neurosis are one of those bands that every major fan has a different favorite album from. Generally that really says something about a group to me.

I disagree with both of you, but that's not a surprise considering how varied our tastes are. But unlike a few people here who I won't name, I'm not gonna pretend like music is objective - thus, to each his own. :kickass:

You should listen to another album or two, it took me until the 4th one purchased to realize their genius. :loco:

Through Silver in Blood => & Jarboe => The Eye of Every Storm => A Sun That Never Sets => OMFG

I'm still not a fan of ASTNS or TEOS but I like listening to both from time to time. I consider Times of Grace now really awesome. That makes 4 awesome and 2 ok/good.