Neurosis

IcemanJ256

Dark Overlord
Apr 28, 2002
Dayton, Ohio, USA
www.amazon.com
ok theres been enough ISIS threads, in this thread id liek to get to know this band a bit better, some song/album recommendations would help, hopefully people in the hub will have some. i think i'll dig them, i like Isis' Oceanic but not love it yet, but i know itll still grow on me.

The essential Neurosis albums are:

Souls at Zero
Enemy of the Sun
Through Silver in Blood
Times of Grace

I'd recommend Through Silver in Blood or Times of Grace to start with

My favorites are A Sun That Never Sets and Souls At Zero. ASTNS is more beautiful and relaxed, and SAZ is more aggressive and bleak sounding.

well, they're my all time favourite band. so. . .

my top album is Times of Grace. make sure you get Grace as well, which is the companion disc by Tribes of Neurot. the discs are meant to be played simultaneously. the experience is mind-blowing to say the least.

ASTNS, Sovereign, TSIB, Enemy of the Sun, and Souls at Zero are all brilliant as well. the ASTNS DVD is amazing, and also has a ToN experiment that is very, very intriguing.

on the topic of ToN, does anyone else here have Adaptation and Survival (the insect project)? it is without a doubt the most disturbing thing i've ever heard in my life (read: it's so fucking cool!)

They're all essential with Souls At Zero and after. The last three have been particularly amazing...well, so was Souls At Zero. And I guess Enemy of the Sun is too...damn.

Originally posted by O'blivion
my top album is Times of Grace. make sure you get Grace as well, which is the companion disc by Tribes of Neurot. the discs are meant to be played simultaneously. the experience is mind-blowing to say the least.
I'd like to do that, but I have no idea how(only have one CD player). Is there any way to convert the tracks to mp3s and then mix them together, for example??