never heard of vintersorg

winter_madness

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2006
Australia
i've been recommended to listen to these guys..im into ensiferum, turisas, finntroll, falkenbach, moonsorrow...so i guess i'll like these guys.

what album should i check out? songs?
and who are these guys?! new to me. are these guys folk or black or...?

Till Fjälls is probably a good starting point for you, but don't miss the later albums.

Since it also seems you like folk metal somewhat you should check out Otyg (either of the albums) which is an ex-project of Vintersorg. It's simply put the best and purest folk metal ever produced.

The style of Vintersorg differs a lot from one album to another, but a little black here, a little prog there and perhaps a little folk too.

no matter what your more a fan of, Cosmic Genesis and Visions from the Spiral Generator are great metal albums.

Till Fjälls is the chosen one to start. Ödemarkens son and Cosmic Genesis will like you too (Hedniskhjaertad too).

Check Out Otyg too

other bands yoy may check:

kampfar (too amazing)
forefather
isengard
falkenbach
solefald
enslaved
einherjer
storm
bathory (some albums)
lumsk
manegarm
suidakra
tyr (the band)
wolfchant, etc

try some shaman, korpiklaani and thyrfing too!
the new korpiklaani is awesome in my opinion. but vintersorg takes the cake.
and borknagar otyg rule. and waterclime and cronian shall own ye all too once they unveil! har! cheers!

im not a fan of korpiklaani, i dunno, i think their violins get too much at times. which its folk but i can't get into their music.

other bands i listen to, thyrfing, windir, wintersun, and asmegin. i'll check out some of the other bands you guys listed :)