Neverheadz - please help...

megamore

Aug 15, 2004
Denmark
Next weekend I’m going all the way to Copenhagen ( the Capital of Denmark ) to buy a Schecter 007 Elite ( the same guitar as Loomis ). Now, I’ve never tried one before – in fact I’ve never tried a seven string guitar my entire life ( I’ve played for 13 years ), but since Jeff plays them it can’t be that bad :Spin: . I know he uses EMG pickups. Now my question is what kind of EMG pickups does he use? Anyone know this? This is very important to me as I have to order them and my decision relies on what you guys tell me. So please, if you know then inform me. I appreciate it, thanks :)

Hey,I´m pretty sure that Jeff´s Schecters is NOT stacked with EMG´s.Don´t know if he uses the stock pickups.I have EMG 707´s in my ESP,and they are by far the best I´ve had.They suit me fine,as I´m a rhythm guitarist.EMG also have another one,which is basically a 81 for 7 strings.Called 81-7...Have never tried those though.

Good luck with your new guitar,as it´s a very nice one you´re getting.

R.

Psst.Try and get your own sound,as you will NOT sound like Mr.Loomis,even if you get the same gear as him....

Rorschach said:
Hey,I´m pretty sure that Jeff´s Schecters is NOT stacked with EMG´s.Don´t know if he uses the stock pickups.I have EMG 707´s in my ESP,and they are by far the best I´ve had.They suit me fine,as I´m a rhythm guitarist.EMG also have another one,which is basically a 81 for 7 strings.Called 81-7...Have never tried those though.

Good luck with your new guitar,as it´s a very nice one you´re getting.

R.

Psst.Try and get your own sound,as you will NOT sound like Mr.Loomis,even if you get the same gear as him....
Thanks man - I know and I don't wanna sound like him. I just love that sound of his guitars. They're heavy as hell :yow:

megamore said:

will is dead6skin6mask6 , he should know for sure, cuzzzz he knows that kind of stuff... if not then im sorry for putting him in the limelight for no reason...

but yea, he will on, but not until later...