nevermore amps.

Seedawakener

aka Ophidian
May 17, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
I know that some of you guys know everything about nevermore-equipment that there is.

What amps have nevermore used and on what albums? If there is anything special like pedals and stuff on an album, plz tell me that to.

Nevermore (Self Titled):

Digitech Valve FX Preamp
Peavey cs-800 poweramp and a Carvin Cabinet loaded with Vintage 30 speakers

In Memory EP:

Same as PoE

Politics of Ecstacy:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV Head Unit
Marshall 1960B 4X12 Cab (w/Celestion G12T-75 Speakers)

Dreaming Neon Black:

Mesa Boogie Triaxis Preamp
Mesa Boogie 2:90 Simul-Class Power Amp
Marshall 1960BV 4X12 Cab (w/Celestion Vintage 30 Speakers)

On all the albums with Neil Kernon, there were 4 tracks of rhythm recorded, and primarily a Shure SM-57 or Sennheiser 421 was used.

DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD:

Custom Built 7 string guitars (with a .80 gauge low B string!) loaded with EMG 707 pickups. The guitars were routed into a Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer that was used as a signal boost. The settings on the TS-9 were:

Drive: 9 O'Clock
Tone: 10 O'Clock
Level: 12 O'Clock

This was fed into the amp that was used on all of the rhythm and leads. The amp used was a Mesa Boogie (2 Channel) Dual Rectifier that was straight from the box. The Mesa Recto was routed into a Marshall 1960B 4X12 Cab with the stock G12T-75 Celestions they have. Settings on the Mesa Recto were:

Silicon Diode Setting
Bold Setting
Red (Modern) Channel

Treble: 11.30
Mids: 10 O'Clock
Bass: 11.30
Gain: 12:30
Presence: 12.30
Master: 10 O'Clock

There were 4 tracks of rhythm, with 2 tracks being panned 100% left and right, and the other set being panned 80% left and right. There was no compression, limiting, etc...only a slight touch of EQ used. Two Shure SM-57's were used for recording, one on the center of the cone about an inch away. This was the approximate's denoted by Andy Sneap.

ENEMIES OF REALITY:

7 String guitars loaded with EMG 707 pickups
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 ( Similar to Above)
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

THIS GODLESS ENDEAVOR:

7 String guitars loaded with EMG 707 pickups
'94 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Krank Revolution 1 Head
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Cabs
Maxon OD 820 (Tubescreamer)

nope, .80. nowadays he's back to .70 but for the DHIADW recording he was using .80, i'm positive.

are u sure? Im pretty positive that he once said something about SIT-strings being so great because they made .70 strings. on his old webpage or something I believe.

ms. anthrope said:
I have a pic of Andy Sneap's studio during the recording of TGE. Do ya want me to post it? Gotta find it first.

BTW, Jeff used to use SIT strings, but now he's with Ernie Ball.

Oh yeah... post it.

And ernie ball u say? got to try em.

mh...i'm a die hard d'addario user, they seem to last much longer than any set of ernie ball strings i've ever tried

Ive tried d'addario, GHS boomers and elixir ( I've only played for 3 or 4 years.)
but I still cant decide what strings are the best. Though I like elixir because they dont die after like 2 hours of playing. But they never get that great tone like the ghs right after the stringchange.

ghs having the best tone? that's weird. when i tried the ghs boomers i thought the fresh strings sounded just like the d'addarios after hours of playing time = dead. :D

But I dont think eagle makes heavier gauges. Their thickest string are 56 i believe. I Usually just take a baritone set and add the high E. and thats like 70-10

Fragle said:
ghs having the best tone? that's weird. when i tried the ghs boomers i thought the fresh strings sounded just like the d'addarios after hours of playing time = dead. :D

Ok ill have to try d'addarios again but I dont remember them being any different (And your like: :zombie:)from the ghs. But the elixirs really stay good for days.

guitarguru777 said:
I used D'Addarios for years, They are good strings but not great.

For me it's DR's love em dont last long at all but new sets sound AMAZING !!!

For other guitars around the house its Ernie Hybrid Slinkies with a .70 bottom.

Do u play with those colored ones? :p Always wanted to try them.

I just started using Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies on my Ibanez, tuned down to C#.... I had to add another spring to my spring claw to get the trem to sit right, but after a truss rod adjustment and some intonation, the thing plays like a dream!

Viva Heavy Strings!