nevermore amps.

Amps used during recording of TGE

andy-studio01.jpg

actually, that's more like the amps andy owned at the time tge was recorded. as you can see, the rectifier and the krank are fired up, and as far as the other amps go....iirc steve said they tracked some stuff with the triple xxx, but i seriously doubt there's any marshall and 5150 to be heared on tge :lol:
HOWEVER, if you look closely you can spot the pod xt pro which was used for a couple of leads.

Fragle said:
actually, that's more like the amps andy owned at the time tge was recorded. as you can see, the rectifier and the krank are fired up, and as far as the other amps go....iirc steve said they tracked some stuff with the triple xxx, but i seriously doubt there's any marshall and 5150 to be heared on tge :lol:
HOWEVER, if you look closely you can spot the pod xt pro which was used for a couple of leads.

D'OH! I stand corrected. :lol:

I guess I shouldn't assume. The Krank amp looks like it's in use...

Fragle said:
Nevermore (Self Titled):

Digitech Valve FX Preamp
Peavey cs-800 poweramp and a Carvin Cabinet loaded with Vintage 30 speakers

In Memory EP:

Same as PoE

Politics of Ecstacy:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV Head Unit
Marshall 1960B 4X12 Cab (w/Celestion G12T-75 Speakers)

Dreaming Neon Black:

Mesa Boogie Triaxis Preamp
Mesa Boogie 2:90 Simul-Class Power Amp
Marshall 1960BV 4X12 Cab (w/Celestion Vintage 30 Speakers)

On all the albums with Neil Kernon, there were 4 tracks of rhythm recorded, and primarily a Shure SM-57 or Sennheiser 421 was used.

And what kind of guitars and pickup models were used from the self-titled through DNB (including Pat and Tim's)?

This is Will's excuse to post the Axtra picture. :p

guitarguru777 said:
I used D'Addarios for years, They are good strings but not great.

For me it's DR's love em dont last long at all but new sets sound AMAZING !!!

I swear by the DR's myself too. I've tried everything at the music store at one time or another and nothing out does the DRs.

Dont forget the TUBE SCREAMER !!!!!

As for guitars the on TGE Jeff and Steve both used their normal axes (Schecter with EMG's and a BC with EMG's) along with some other stuff for varying degrees of over dubs.

For Enemies im sure it wass Jeffs 007Elite and his C7

I believe DHWADW Was a Custom 7 String With EMG's

Dreaming was Jexxf Custom guitars and Obriens Ibanez's

Before that Jeffs Customs and Jacksons i believe, along with Jeffs RG 550 Ibanezes he played for a while. (The POE Days)

Dreaming was Jexxf Custom guitars and Obriens Ibanez's
really? they used o'brien's guitar when he wasn't even a band member anymore?

En Vind Av Sorg said:
DR's have an excellent sound (and are dense as all hell), however they are unreliable. The gauges are often off by varying degrees.

Yep. I used to be an endorser, and went back to D'Addario because they were so friggin' inconsistent. They're a nice idea, but the execution is not so good...

What companies make all-steel guitar strings bigger than .70? I'm using nickel-plated SITs (actually at 68 because I was told they were out of 70s) and I'm contemplating moving up a little.

Jeff