Nevermore News

Poison God

I am the Dog
Oct 24, 2001
New Jersey
NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane has posted the following update on the band's activities via the group's official web site:

"We are currently doing pre-production demos for Enemies of Reality. I recently finished the vocals for a song called 'Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday'. This tune is turning out great with a chorus that sticks in your head like crazy. The title track and another entitled 'Abomination' are going to be the ones that all you Politics Of Ecstasy fans will love…or hate! [Guitarist] Jeff [Loomis] is playing some really great solos, from furiously fast and technical, to slow, brooding and beautiful...another track… 'Who Decides' is shaping up to be my favorite lyrically, but it's no secret I have a liking for depressing doom tinged lyrics.... So now it's official that Steve Smyth from TESTAMENT/DRAGONLORD will be helping us out with the 2nd guitar situation for our Euro and US festival dates... we are really looking forward to this and are really grateful to the TESTAMENT guys for letting us borrow him! As far as the song list for the Euro fests.... We will be playing a broad spectrum of songs from most of our discs, 2 songs from the self-titled debut included... and perhaps a surprise or two...all for now ...stay metal."

NEVERMORE are tentatively due to enter the studio in the fall with producer Andy Sneap to record Enemies Of Reality for an early 2003 release through Century Media Records. Described as "much more spontaneous" than the group's previous efforts, the forthcoming CD will include the following cuts, among others:

01. The Story Of Our End
02. Who Decides
03. The Song Of The Solemn One
04. Enemies Of Reality
05. Psychotic Intellectual Narcotic
06. Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday
07. Abomination

----------------------------------

Can't wait to hear the latest material. This could be Nevermore's Rust in Peace imo.....(fingers crossed).

DavE

Originally posted by Rusted_in_peace50
some of these song names are really cheesy, they seem overly serious. like "abomination" sounds like fuckin death metal and " The Story Of Our End" is just cliche, "Who Decides" sounds nu metal-ish and "The Song Of The Solemn One" is just gay.

then again song names are meaningless if the song kicks ass, Phantom Opera Ghost is pretty fucking gay but song song kicks ass.

And FIVE MAGICS doesn't sound Dungeons & Dragons...:D

and Megadeth isn't a gay name? hahahha don't get me wrong, they were damned good in their heyday, but give me a break! MEGADETH? It's not even spelled right! I can just see some old skool metallers way back in the day sittin around going... 'Super death man, like MEGA and shit! MEGA DEATH woohooooooo!"

megadeth is a cool name, it means 1000000 dead as a result of a nuclear blast.They changed the spelling cuz it is supposed to show that they do thing their way(i think).But it still doesn't change the fact that Kill-Ride-master-justice beat the fucking shit out of killing-peace-so far-rust

blah blah blah.. what's with all the song title whining?

they'll grow on ya! no doubt.

This tune is turning out great with a chorus that sticks in your head like crazy

*cough*BritneySpears*cough*

Trapped's Predictions:

01. The Story Of Our End

A similar song to DHIADW, beginning with a false sense of security in a sorrowful, but yet powerful way, and then suddenly breaks into a heavy-as-shit passage that leads into a Seven Tongues style groove and Narco style chorus.

02. Who Decides

This Sacrement pt II.

'Nuff Said

03. The Song Of The Solemn One

The Hart Kollectiir mixed with DNB...

04. Enemies Of Reality

Fucking GREAT song, reminiscent of 42147, but with a catchy chorus that draws you in and spits you out, ending with a series of crazy solo passages and 5/8 riffs, not unlike 42147 or the learning...

05. Psychotic Intellectual Narcotic

now THIS, should be interesting. I think this will be the death of Trapped, IF nevermore once again learn to embrace the odd stylings of The Learning.

06. Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday

lyrically, i beleive that this will border on POE, with the whole psychadelic "On the edge of existance, spiralling consciousness" style passages...

07. Abomination

*cough*MorbidAngelWannaBe's*cough*

I don't give a rat's ass about the song names.......just the songs.....and I KNOW they are going to be good (call it a hunch
8\
What I want to hear NOW is the god damn demos at least! Hey Warrel or anybody.....mp3 some clips or whatever........can't wait any longer!!

ONE SONG WAS NOT MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE THE LIGHTNING BY METALLICA

Song titles sound killer too me.

Nevermore will continue to amaze.

you guys are funny...I will now change all song titles that are not deemed acceptable.....
peace, love and devil worship...
W
how 'bout that for a title
hahahaha