Neverworld Release date

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Just heard that the new album isn't going to be out in Europe until next year now! Needless to say I'm not overly impressed with this news but unfortunately there is nothing we can do.

In the meantime I'll shortly be adding the new artwork to the site

Sorry again people

neverworld.jpg

That's come as a shock. Sorry to hear the news mate!!

I'll get hold of the Japanese version as I'd eventually get both versions anyway.

For those asking about where to get hold of a Jap copy, I'm not too sure of shops but I have a contact over there who got me pretty much all the Sonata Arctica Jap imports so I'm gonna drop him an e-mail regarding this album and if he's willing to do this for more people and will consent to me leaving his e-mail address on the forum then I'll let you guys know. He accepts Uk pounds and US dollars so it's pretty easy and he's fairly quick aswell.

I'll keep you updated on this.

Hi Everyone,
I felt it was time to come on to the forum and explain a few things.

Firstly, let me ask you all a question. Do you want the best results for the Power Quest "NeverWorld" release or do you just want to have your copy as soon as possible?

Secondly, let me point out that the Japanese release of the album was secured by us after much deliberation and discussion with three different labels over there. We chose Marquee because they were the most enthusiastic company about the band and because they would do a very strong promotional job along with having an excellent distribution network.
As is typical of deals in Japan we had to give them exclusive bonus tracks and a lead period on the release of at least 2 weeks. The release date over there is the 22nd of October (tomorrow) which means that the first possible release date in Europe was November 10th (closest monday to the 2 week period ending).
Releasing a metal album in mid November to the end of the year is not a great idea because within a week or two it will be lost in the Christmas market. As such, we decided that it was best to hold off the release and give ourselves time to search for the best possible partners to release the title in Europe in the same way that we did for Japan.
This will result in the album being given a much stronger promotional push because there is no Christmas problem and it also means that the album remains viable throughout the summer festival period in case any such events prove to be possible for the band.
If the album comes out in mid-November then it is over and done with by the end of the year.
If the album comes out in mid-January to early February then it remains viable for the next 6 months.

I hope this goes some way to explaining the reasoning behind delaying the album`s release.

One last question. Do you think that we invest thousands and thousands into albums just to sit on them for no good reason? Surely, we are the people with the greatest vested interest along with the band. We signed them because we believe strongly that they are capable of achieving success. It`s our intention to give them the best chance of achieving that success. If that means that fans in Europe have to wait a monthor two longer to buy the CD then surely that is a sacrifice that a true fan would gladly make in order for their beloved band to reap the benefits in the long term?

Bye for now,
Mark

nowandthen said:
Hi Everyone,
I felt it was time to come on to the forum and explain a few things.

Firstly, let me ask you all a question. Do you want the best results for the Power Quest "NeverWorld" release or do you just want to have your copy as soon as possible?

Secondly, let me point out that the Japanese release of the album was secured by us after much deliberation and discussion with three different labels over there. We chose Marquee because they were the most enthusiastic company about the band and because they would do a very strong promotional job along with having an excellent distribution network.
As is typical of deals in Japan we had to give them exclusive bonus tracks and a lead period on the release of at least 2 weeks. The release date over there is the 22nd of October (tomorrow) which means that the first possible release date in Europe was November 10th (closest monday to the 2 week period ending).
Releasing a metal album in mid November to the end of the year is not a great idea because within a week or two it will be lost in the Christmas market. As such, we decided that it was best to hold off the release and give ourselves time to search for the best possible partners to release the title in Europe in the same way that we did for Japan.
This will result in the album being given a much stronger promotional push because there is no Christmas problem and it also means that the album remains viable throughout the summer festival period in case any such events prove to be possible for the band.
If the album comes out in mid-November then it is over and done with by the end of the year.
If the album comes out in mid-January to early February then it remains viable for the next 6 months.

I hope this goes some way to explaining the reasoning behind delaying the album`s release.

One last question. Do you think that we invest thousands and thousands into albums just to sit on them for no good reason? Surely, we are the people with the greatest vested interest along with the band. We signed them because we believe strongly that they are capable of achieving success. It`s our intention to give them the best chance of achieving that success. If that means that fans in Europe have to wait a monthor two longer to buy the CD then surely that is a sacrifice that a true fan would gladly make in order for their beloved band to reap the benefits in the long term?

Bye for now,
Mark

Cheers for the explanation.

My Opinion:

I'll be getting the Jap version anyway because of the bonus tracks (Thanks for the link Looseunit) and when the Brit version comes out I'll buy a copy of that too.

Obviously I want a copy of the album ASAP and I also want what's best for the band to make them become more successful. I'm not a promoter or a record label so I don't have your expertise in this field. But I do think that after the huge success at Bloodstock that the band have picked up some momentum and should have the album released ASAP along with a tour early next year. That way their popularity will continue to accumulate and then there's a greater chance of getting a slot at the big festivals (Wacken, Summerbreeze, Bang Your Head, etc). If Power Quest could get a slot at one of these then I'm sure that the record sales would continue to escalate. Thus everyone happy!

Like I've said I'm not an expert in your field but I don't see how a November release would weaken the record sales. If anything I think it would be better to have the album on sale before Christmas.

I class myself as a true fan and these are my beliefs.

Also get Power Quest to headline the Gods 2004!