New 003 rack+ from digidesign

Well the original had 8 inputs, just not 8 pres - and honestly, from all that I've heard, I wouldn't want 4 more Digi pres! :ill:

Looks like this one's got 8 pres, 8 line in, and ADAT as well... That would add up to 24 potential inputs, but the Digi website says you can do up to 18 in simultaneously, which is the same as ever (is that because of firewire limitations?). I dunno, the new 003+ looks pretty cool and I'm glad Digi is giving out more pres for new users, but for someone like me who has an 002, a Presonus Digimax, and a couple other cool preamps, the 003+ is not really worth my while at all. Hopefully by the time they start shunning the 002, the 003 family will have something to offer that makes me feel like I'm glad to be spending my money on.

By the way, does anyone know if Pro Tools 8 is compatible with the 002? I couldn't really find any compatibility info on the Digi site, and I'm hoping that it won't already be the beginning of the end for the 002...

Aaron, it's 18 in's total cuz you can only use either the line in or the XLR input on each channel, like it's always been - they're not simultaneous.

if you don't mind using m-powered try the profire 2626..excellent unit with 24 channels of i/o ( 8 onboard pre's/line and 16 tracks of adat)..It's well built , sounds great and has dsp on board monitoring..I dont even use PT but I own this interface and it's rock solid...

I have a Profire 2626 and it works wonderfully. I am pretty sure I have seen a few guys in testing that have an 002 so I wouldn't worry about compatibility.

By the way, does anyone know if Pro Tools 8 is compatible with the 002? I couldn't really find any compatibility info on the Digi site, and I'm hoping that it won't already be the beginning of the end for the 002...

Yes!!
thank fuck

Id rather a 003 with NO pres on it (got api , chandler, great river and focusrite pres)

Holy shit, you got a Chandler greyskull? Which one? And jesus fucking christ, I just clicked the studio link in your sig, is that actually your place dude!?! Freakin' ridiculous!