NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

I hate threads about lyrics, they're so gay. Why do some people care what the lyrics are? As long as they sound cool (impossible to understand) I'm happy. I mean this is not supposed to be pop music. If Alexi thinks some of his lyrics are important, he will post them here. Originally he was talking about 5 song lyrics but luckily he came to his senses.

I agree with Joonas. Theres no need for Bodom to put the lyrics into the booklets. The lyrics suck anyway. Seriously there are maybe 2 or 3 good lines on Are You Dead Yet?.

"Stalling the sand man,
Falling back back
Drinking like a madman,
Run away from the light to come.
Shit falls down,
Sun comes up high shining bright,
Time to close your eyes..."

From Living Dead Beat

And maybe

"Did you think I'd let you mix it up
Give me a reason bitch
I'm gonna fuck you up"

From Were Not Gonna Fall

And possibly

"I don't need a reason,
And I won't tell you why
I'll just take you to hell
By the edge of my scythe!"

From Bastards Of Bodom

No lyrics in the booklets equals more artwork and photos on the pages:headbang:

Granted they do have the occasional great lyrics

"Every day I'm being battered up until I bleed
You motherfuckas wont leave me be
You could never give me cure for the pain I feel inside"

From Hate Me! is pretty sick

But the majority of the lyrics are stupid.

How can this be any good at all? No Blooddrunk sing along unless we just utter gibberish and forget about lyrics that actually make sense :(

If you cant understand growled vocals by this point in time theres a problem. I could hear a song for the first time and know exactly what there saying.

Hoor ray for me right? :lol:

But really,if your a fan of Extreme Metal,you shouldn't need lyrics in front of you to understand the vocals. Maybe if your trying to memorize them. But i can do that after 2 or 3 reads.

^Hey sorry man, i didn't know it bothered anyone. I just think its a little more organized and personal to wohever i quote in the second post. My bad man. In hindsight,its acctually less organized :lol:

I don't care for any lyrics for any song from any band/artist but I love knowing what they're saying so you can sing along if you want to. It's just like trying to sing along to Silent Night, Bodom Night...and then Sixpounder. The latter is much harder because noone actually knows what he's saying for sure.

I prefer lyrics in booklets but since Alexi gets so much shit for his, that's probably why he decides not to nowadays.

I don't care for any lyrics for any song from any band/artist but I love knowing what they're saying so you can sing along if you want to. It's just like trying to sing along to Silent Night, Bodom Night...and then Sixpounder. The latter is much harder because noone actually knows what he's saying for sure.

I prefer lyrics in booklets but since Alexi gets so much shit for his, that's probably why he decides not to nowadays.

How is that possible? Your lookin in the wrong places man. Metal has the greatest lyrics in the world. Check out Dark Tranquillity's lyrics dude. I dont know if you like them or not,but virtually every song has excellent lyrics.

talk to Children of Bodom's Alexi Laiho about their love for 'The Big Lebowski', Their eagerly anticipated seventh full length 'Blooddrunk' "

I suposed we've missed one, so if anyone knows about it, please share with the others.

:lol::lol::lol:

I won't. Downfall deserves to be in the set a lot more than songs like Living Dead Beat or Sixpounder, IMO.

As you said, it's your opinion. Mine is that they should at least stop it being the last song if not removing it for a while. For me Sixpounder is better, or COB or Deadnight Warrior which has a pretty good ending to end up a gig. But tastes are tastes, and make the world an interesting place. If we all liked the same it'd be really boring.

Meh, I would rather see it taken off.

Agreed :kickass:

*Kimberly Goss wrote the lyrics for LoBodomy

So that means there's no bad blood between Allu/Roope and Kim? If it's true, then I don't know what the fuck are they waiting for giving some news about Sinergy. It's been many time without a single thing, and if they do get along well they could at least say if there's any chance of seeing Sins Of The Past released or if they are going to disband. Anything but keeping fans waiting forever.

No lyrics in the booklets equals more artwork and photos on the pages

Hope you're right, because AYDY artwork was nothing really interesting.

^^^

Hey dont quote me on that,lmao. I dont wanna get yelled at come release time. I mean it makes sense to me,thats what i would do if i had a band. But im not the one who comes up with the artwork for COB. :kickass:

Warheart-

Read these lyrics:

"Time conceals itself in error
When all is turned to lie
Oh blissful rapture flee from me
The liquid light shares its grandeur
The spring of Eden shall never run dry
Creation holds its breath

Tomorrow is no friend of mind

Drench logic - Drench judgement
Awake - Every sense is new

For we know no tomorrow
And yesterday appears in fragmented form

What now must burn
Shall with newfound strength emerge
Drift through my eyes
Bacchi gates bid me welcome

Drench logic
Drench judgement
And leave me
Tonight

So drink from the fountain everlasting... drown

With these eyes the land can no longer deceive us

He cried into nothing with the voice of his soul
New logic brought upon the remains of his land
The land deceives
Bacchi gates bid me welcome

Drench logic - Drench judgement
Awake - Every sense is new

For we know no tomorrow
And yesterday appears in fragmented form"

Dark Tranquillity-"Edenspring"

Mikeal Stanne is a fuckin genius

I'd suggest you download the song. You play guitar correct? You'll epreciate DT's guitar if you decide to download the song. "Edenspring" has one of the best Extreme Metal guitar harmonies EVER! Imo. You'll know it when you hear it.:headbang:

How is that possible? Your lookin in the wrong places man. Metal has the greatest lyrics in the world. Check out Dark Tranquillity's lyrics dude. I dont know if you like them or not,but virtually every song has excellent lyrics.

It's got nothing to do with bands/places, I'm just not the kind of person who cares about WHAT the lyrics ABOUT, I just like to know them to sing along.

I couldn't care less if Alexi decided to write about how he enjoys cooking and picking flowers as long as the music kicked ass.

And about DT, if I don't dig the music itself, then outstanding lyrics mean nothing to me.

I'll download the song, though.

If you cant understand growled vocals by this point in time theres a problem. I could hear a song for the first time and know exactly what there saying.
But really,if your a fan of Extreme Metal,you shouldn't need lyrics in front of you to understand the vocals.

I do, in fact, understand most of what Alexi sings; unfortunately, though, most is not enough. Not for me, anyway: when I sing along, I want to sing the whole song and not just the parts I understand. Sometimes he sings faster than usual (like, for instance, in the third line of BFH's chorus) and I have a really hard time deciphering the lyrics.

Also, I don't really mind what the lyrics say: as Warheart said, Alexi could as well sing about how he loves to bake cookies so long as the music sounds good. :)

It's got nothing to do with bands/places, I'm just not the kind of person who cares about WHAT the lyrics ABOUT, I just like to know them to sing along.

Exactly.

Why the fuck do you care, he just writes down some shit he comes up with, just because it needs to be there. It would be the biggest mistake he ever made to publish all the lyrics here for some retards to philosophize about for 15-38 pages. I cared about the lyrics when I was 15. Now I just want as hardcore death vocals as possible.

I do think lyrics are important, as long as they are not pushed, you know? I do like lyrics, 'cause it gives an extra thing to relate to. I can relate to the music anyway, but I do care for lyrics. Maybe because I write them a lot myself as well. I don't really mind what kind of lyrics, as long as they're good and not about fucking sheep or whatever.
At least, that's my opnion about it.