NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

IWC - Official Trailer #1-3
HX - Official Trailer #1-3

Next (on the youtube): Track by track (#1-4?) :)

" so the quality control didn't count?! "
No. Quality Control just a FB & Insta video. Musical Direction is the third trailer:

Track by track: one or two weeks later.
Official Trailer #1 - jan. 02.
Official Trailer #2 - jan. 09. ( one week later )
Official Trailer #3 - jan. 23. ( two weeks later )

I'm just not sure if it's gonna satisfy fans that the album isn't fast or heavy and the songs are digested in one listen. Like the first single, it's nice and all, but gives me no reason to listen to it again.

Hahaha, holy shit. A few years ago I suggested to sell bottled lake Bodom water to fans. They took it a step further and make beer from it. It says some of the water is from lake Bodom, not all. Lake waters have impurities and you can compare the colours of different lake waters in a glass. Just hope no-one goes pissing in that lake now.

Last edited:
Thing is, if you let your fellow guitarist meddle with your composion, it might become beautiful but lose the touch it had on the song itself. You might make a melody more beautiful, but it'll lose its grit and darkness in the song.

Thing is, if you let your fellow guitarist meddle with your composion, it might become beautiful but lose the touch it had on the song itself. You might make a melody more beautiful, but it'll lose its grit and darkness in the song.

Fuck me Joonas, you’ll never change, will you? Alexi is right now at the heigth of his “I write what I want”, if you don’t like his music (honestly, why?), don’t blame others: COB is now him.

? I said it might be a bad thing if the artist lets others meddle with his ideas. It's just not wise. Maybe technically, but not creatively. What ends up happening if others contribute to ideas, is the darkness and strong atmosphere will disappear from the art. Trust me. They're actually minute details that comprise the essence of the song's feeling. Then again, it might not even matter now, given how Alexi's musical style has changed...

Daniel won’t affect it much, Janne and Jaska have always been part of the songwriting process as well. Alexi has always come up with the ideas and they’d jam on them together (to come up with the drum pattern and what kind of keys). And I think Alexi even mentioned Daniel only contributed in a similar way (with little lead guitar fills), and that Alexi still had full control where if he said no it was final.

So guys a new song "This Road" just leaked............won't post the link though, don't want to get in trouble. All I can say is that it's a little different and better than Under Grass and Clover imo. It's not as repetitive and it's a lot darker compared to that one. Synth Solo in the middle and a guitar solo at the end.

Edit: I forgot to mention Alexi uses a lot of natural harmonics in this tune and they sound really cool.

Reactions: ESA1996