NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

So guys a new song "This Road" just leaked............won't post the link though, don't want to get in trouble. All I can say is that it's a little different and better than Under Grass and Clover imo. It's not as repetitive and it's a lot darker compared to that one. Synth Solo in the middle and a guitar solo at the end.

Edit: I forgot to mention Alexi uses a lot of natural harmonics in this tune and they sound really cool.

I'm liking it! Very different

P.s - Sounds very Highheels on Cobblestone

Last edited:
Definitely Children of Bodom. I am surprised. The whole "rock'n'roll" makes a lot of sense now that I've heard the song. Love it after a first listening. Love the atmosphere, the licks with the beautiful (and that superb keyboard solo). Not super fan of the refrain though, but I think it'll grow on me. Indeed very different from what I've come to expect from Bodom. I'm happy to see that they still can positively surprise me.

Lyrics:

Wreck of a human mind blurring the line
Between what is real, what's fiction and what I feel
Night after night, sin after sin
Year after year I don't know where I've been
Different day with the same old refrain
And it's starting to blare all over again

Bloodshot, black and blue
Eyes empty through and through
Faceless, dreary soul
Like a bottomless black hole
Your future is bleak, my past is unknown
Don't leave me behind, just leave me alone
Nowhere to be found, forever lost
Making a break for it at any cost

This road's gonna kill me
So put me down, distill me
End of the line, the end of me, oh yeah
This road is goin' down
And around until I drown
This road's gonna kill me, oh yeah

You start at bulletproof
And ten feet tall
With anger through the roof
Still feeling so small

This road's gonna kill me
So put me down, distill me
End of the line, the end of me, oh yeah
This road is goin' down
And around until I drown
This road's gonna kill me, oh yeah

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/childrenofbodom/thisroad.html

The song is actually pretty dark. The guitar tone is really similar to IWC which I'm not a huge fan of but the song itself reminds me of some of the stuff from HOB. The pre-chorus reminds me of the interlude from Transference.

Not a huge fan of the chorus.

The first solo is one of the best solos they've done in years I think. Haven't heard the second yet.

The first solo was better than the second one.

Don't really like the interlude riff, but the verses and the pre-chorus are pretty good.

Last edited:
" the song itself reminds me of some of the stuff from HOB perhaps "
Yes, i agree. The early part it's similar "Damaged Beyond Repair" a little, perhaps... just faster. (I think : P )

I just created an account to ask if someone could send me the link to the song aswell :) would be awesome, can't find "This Road" anywhere on Google