NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Replayed the hell out of this song, I think it’s going to be one of my favorites for awhile :)

Some of the riffs remind me of Alexi’s riffs in Warmen songs such as Suck My Attitude and High Heels on Cobblestone. Also there’s a bit in the guitar solo that reminds me of the end of the solo in Ugly.

Hmm... it sounds kind of, standard. Nothing really stood out me. Can’t say I’m a fan of anything other than the pre-chorus.

" the song itself reminds me of some of the stuff from HOB perhaps "
Yes, i agree. The early part it's similar "Damaged Beyond Repair" a little, perhaps... just faster. (I think : P )

My exact thoughts as the first few seconds of the song ticked lol!
I kind of understand the whole "rock'n'roll" thing they kept mentioning now.
Chorus isn't really doing it for me now, probably will grow on me. The riffs and solos are great, really digging the song. Its different somehow but 100% Bodom feel to it

Wait. This is the first song on the album. The album begins with a one-minute instrumental part, or not? o_O

Wait. This is the first song on the album. The album begins with a one-minute instrumental part, or not? o_O

Yeah, I could have sworn I read somewhere that this was the case, but now that we have the introductory song I have no idea. Maybe one of the other tracks could be a one minute long interlude piece?

Reactions: COB-666
This Road by Children Of Skyfire :D (the verse parts at least could have been taken from the album, Spectral or the one before)

I like the part from 0:21 - and solos are nice enough and the natural harmonics are nice, but it's surprisingly bad even tho I had low expectations. There's none of that epicness or atmosphere or darkness we got used to on the old records. Let's hope there's some more serious pieces on the album.

After this song leaked I wonder if they cancel the intended second single? Seems you can't contain everything forever.

Last edited:
I’m really liking the song, has a pretty cool groove. The pre chorus/keyboard solo/verse riff I really like.

Makes me excited for the full release

+ the songs on Spotify if anyone missed it

I like the part from 0:21 - and solos are nice enough and the natural harmonics are nice, but it's surprisingly bad even tho I had low expectations. There's none of that epicness or atmosphere or darkness we got used to on the old records. Let's hope there's some more serious pieces on the album.

After this song leaked I wonder if they cancel the intended second single? Seems you can't contain everything forever.

This one does feel more raw and not so much focus on the atmopsherics, UGaC is more atmospheric.

"but it's surprisingly bad even tho I had low expectations."

Isn't that a contradiction? You expected it to be bad, and were surprised that you disliked it? Seems very unsurprising to me.

This one does feel more raw and not so much focus on the atmopsherics, UGaC is more atmospheric.

"but it's surprisingly bad even tho I had low expectations."

Isn't that a contradiction? You expected it to be bad, and were surprised that you disliked it? Seems very unsurprising to me.
Probably meant that he expected it to be bad, but it was still worse than what he expected.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally, this is a really song! The guitar sounds very raw in the file that I have, maybe it isn't the final mix. It's carried by rhythm guitar but I don't mind for this song, it's very catchy and doesn't get boring at any point. The chorus is simple and effective. I'm a little shocked to be honest.

Those looking for the sound of the first few albums will forever be dissapointed, but this is a very solid modern COB track. Thumbs up from me for This Road.

I have to agree with Norbix, I really like that song, sounds totally different to UGaC. The first few seconds even reminded me of some late Sinergy :cool:

I also agree on the "very solid modern COB". It is very different from what they've done until now, but in a positive way (the same way as AYDY was surprisingly good after HCDR). I can also see why they saw Knuckleduster fit for this album. It has also a more "rock" vibe.

Can't wait to hear the "neoclassical" song though. Even if it's just a tiny influence on the melodies.

Looks like this was the intended second single, because they also released a "official lyrics video" today.